The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (186 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
Another top notch work!
saturnkk
View Profile
Loyal user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
234 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
Quote:
On May 20, 2021, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Quote:
On May 20, 2021, saturnkk wrote:
Is there a description someplace on what happens?!? This sounds like it might be for me but I have no clue what the hook is yet... Thanks!

The effect is (publicly) vague for various reasons, but if you reach out to me privately (bobby@darkartifice.com) I’ll gladly answer any questions you might have.

Just wanted to add... GREAT customer service and fast shipping! Thank you. I haven't performed this yet but the premise and anticipation is fantastic. Hope to get some ideas on presentation to help develop my own. I will definitely be looking to buy from darkartifice.com again.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2980 Posts

Profile of 252life
My broke azz is starting to hate the Café....ordered and hopeful Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2980 Posts

Profile of 252life
I left a review over in the Crypt but wanted to mention here as well how happy I am with Desire. Absolutely recommend it as well as Bobby’s other products. Unique and well made quality kit that plays strong. Plus Bobby’s customer service outstanding. (I screwed up and he fixed it immediately for me at cost to himself).
Anyway....huge giant recommend Smile

-Theodore Annemann
Bastien
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Bastien
I had a chance to pick this up, and it is an incredibly powerful effect. As others have mentioned, I'm also stunned by how authentic everything feels, from Rod Serling's voice and music, to how the script absolutely is a real episode in my mind. The script itself is beautifully written and engaging to read in itself. Bobby has done all the heavy lifting here, and it screams authenticity and believability.

This is also exactly the kind of immersive effect that I absolutely love. It's a story people will remember and retell for the rest of their lives. You tell them the backstory of the episode, the participant has an opportunity to make a wish, and one of the most beautiful and mysterious experiences follows. I performed this for my brother, who of course knows about my magic background, and his reaction was unlike anything I've seen. Just the right combination of chilling/spine-tingling but also hopeful excitement.

This is an underrated gem and I'm completely stunned it hasn't sold out yet. But I'm glad I now have mine. If you're a fan of TZ (and if you're not, you really should be, it is undeniably one of the greatest shows of all time) this is a must have.

The one concern I've seen mentioned here is that the coin may be hard to read for some. My vision is not the best, and brother and I both wear corrective lenses when driving (we're in our early 40s), and both of us could easily read the coin without glasses. I would imagine anyone who wears glasses should be able to read it, but on the chance they have difficulty, having a small magnifying glass on hand may not be a bad idea.

This is truly a work of art, and I can tell an enormous amount of work and love went into creating this piece.

There was an issue with USPS in shipping this piece, but Bobby corrected it immediately, at personal cost to himself even though it was not his fault. This is a world-class effect, accompanied by world-class service, and this has given me absolute confidence ordering from Dark Artifice.

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with Dark Artifice or Bobby, and I paid full price for this item. I just love to support creators in our small community and Bobby is among the best IMO.
dr.nick
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of dr.nick
Just to pile on…if you don’t own any of Bobby’s effects, you are really missing out. I just purchased a few more, I can’t help myself. The effects are sublime and the physical props are incredible. Some are expensive and some less so but the attention to detail and quality is unsurpassed, not to mention the backstory and presentation that Bobby provides. Indulge yourself, you won’t regret it, promise. Darkartifice.com
The Supernaturalist
View Profile
Regular user
The City of Lights
167 Posts

Profile of The Supernaturalist
Ok. I just might have to pick this up. I had more money when the Café was shut down....
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2980 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 3, 2022, dr.nick wrote:
Just to pile on…if you don’t own any of Bobby’s effects, you are really missing out. I just purchased a few more, I can’t help myself. The effects are sublime and the physical props are incredible. Some are expensive and some less so but the attention to detail and quality is unsurpassed, not to mention the backstory and presentation that Bobby provides. Indulge yourself, you won’t regret it, promise. Darkartifice.com

Agreed. Real polished performance pieces. I wish I could afford more. I love his thinking

-Theodore Annemann
questort
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of questort
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2022, The Supernaturalist wrote:
Ok. I just might have to pick this up. I had more money when the Café was shut down....

I feel your pain...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lost Twilight Zone Episode (Bobby Hasbun's Latest) (186 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL