The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2020 what an experience! May it burn in hell! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
We had all the 2020 thing: memorable. Memorable is a word we could use.

On top of all of it, I found out I had 2 hernias, then the day before the operation I had a stroke. I'm 45 and I had a stroke, so they wouldn't fix my hernia, and they can't find out why I even had the stroke. They won't let me go back to work until late January... and I was in the middle of several jobs that needed my attention, so they've been 4 months postponed which will make my coming back to work late January very interesting, especially considering my new issues.

My son spent this birthday in prison.

My new snake stressed out and died, probably the worst year for the snake all things considered, or anyone or anything that's died in 2020. I just know about the snake.

Anyone else wanna complain about this year?
Maybe some projections for 2021?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
You were lucky.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
🎶...so listen up buster,
and listen up good(!),...🎶

https://youtu.be/EF8S5XB-eYs
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I got a Geico commercial there gallagher. 2020 just sucks

But I agree Tommy, 2 hernias, a stroke, 4 months out of work, and a son in prison isn't all that bad. It could have been worse. There is over a week to go, so it still can be.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sorry to hear about the disheartening road blocks you have encountrred. Have you had any successful happenings? If so, care to share them?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sounds like 2020 was going to be bad for you covid or not. Add the craziness of all that and it is really bad. Sorry to hear all that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Sorry to hear about that, Josh. Here's wishing a better road for you in the year coming.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Not a hope in hell. This is the century of change, where things do not get better but get worse year after year. Mind you, the next century might be good for them who survive.

Tommy
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Well, Merry Christmas, anyway.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well, I more wanted to hear everyone else's problems. It help put things into perspective.

My stroke, although they say it was a big one, was apparently also a good one (if you're going to have one at all). It affected both sides of my brain but in a lot of small areas, so the initial big problems my brain could fortunately "re-wire around" and the issues I'm still dealing with are, if not reparable, can be lived with.
The hernias are still there, but can be handled later, they aren't life-threatening. just uncomfortable.
And my son... well he's spent most of his birthdays since 17 in Juvenile or jail, so it wasn't a surprise to anyone.

I had a bad day that day, and was drinking and then went to the Internet (Which I should NEVER do).
Actually, I shouldn't even be here today!

Merry Christmas, and I still hate 2020!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I lost over 200 grand in revenue. BUT that is meaningless when compared to things that involve health and family. That was why I didn't want to post it. I didn't want to treat it as a contest of sorts. Sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I loved 2020
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
My wife and I were both diagnosed with cancer within the same week.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The Lockdown was far worse than the disease IMHO .. My cousin Steve was locked down. He was leery of going to the hospital when he was feeling bad. An undiagnosed condition led to a heart attack and he died. Six weeks later his brother Gary committed suicide. The lockdown wiped out an entire side of my family. NOT Covid.......We have been using the Zelenko Protocol and we are all healthy..Thank God.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2020, gallagher wrote:
🎶...so listen up buster,
and listen up good(!),...🎶

https://youtu.be/EF8S5XB-eYs

Thank you so much for this link, Gallagher. Here is John Prine in essence laughing at his own later death. (We lost him to covid in March, this year). I really loved the guy, who continued to write music after surviving cancer of the neck and lungs. In one of his last songs, he sings "when I get to heaven, I'm gonna smoke a cigarette nine miles long"; even while casting doubt on heaven itself. Yes, the world has lost almost 2 million and the US almost 350,000 to covid.... but we now have a vaccine for 2021. "You are what you are and you aint what you aint."

Lynn (who wishes a much better 2021 for all including our OP).
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2020, Josh Riel wrote:
I got a Geico commercial there gallagher. 2020 just sucks

But I agree Tommy, 2 hernias, a stroke, 4 months out of work, and a son in prison isn't all that bad. It could have been worse. There is over a week to go, so it still can be.

Don't think I'm taking your problems lightly, Josh.

But you certainly win 2020 bingo!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Twenty Twenty One is of to a wild start.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Embarrassing and frightening at the same time.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 2020 what an experience! May it burn in hell! (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL