The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TimeSmith by Benke Smith (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Benke doesn’t produce the watches, the SB Watch is made by Andras in Budapest, he would be the correct person to speak to. And he is indeed on the way producing new and different models. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
007lookalike
View Profile
New user
UK
15 Posts

Profile of 007lookalike
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, espmagic wrote:
I've seen this mentioned in a number of threads, so I'll ask directly: Benke, have you ever considered/is it possible to make a slightly smaller face, for those of us with smaller wrists? RLee Davis, Mind2Mind Productions Canada

There is a range of Fossil Q Hybrid watches in various sizes which are compatible with the Timesmith app.
Some of the 'ladies' designs would be acceptable as a man's watch, just smaller?
Nobody's Inflammable!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I’m glad that Andras is changing the logo on the upcoming watches. The current watch name has been used so much in forums and by retailers, if you Google the watch name and the word magic together, all is revealed.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Magic Mark - do you know what the new logo will look like? And, out of curiosity, is it possible to change the "preset" times (to times I would prefer)? RLee
whacko
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of whacko
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, espmagic wrote:
Magic Mark - do you know what the new logo will look like? And, out of curiosity, is it possible to change the "preset" times (to times I would prefer)? RLee

The new logo is just an icon, no letters so you can't google it.
And yes, you can set preset times that you can cycle between. You can set a function to the crown of the watch. If you press it it cycles between those preset times. You can change those to whatever you want.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I finally added Spotted Dice to my group of tools/props created by the Benke/Andras team. I am super pleased with the wide variety of routines available and the fact that the watch and dice can work together.

Not only can the dice be used to automatically set the time on the watch, even more impressive, the watch can be the "display" to show the magician which color die has which number facing upright. All from a normal looking analog face watch!

VERY clever!

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
For those that have the necessary 50 posts to gain access, perhaps a better place to discuss Andras/Benke products more openly:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=733956

Mark
Satire
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Satire
For what it's worth: despite the concern (that I shared) that the name would be easily google-able, my wife spent a solid half hour trying to buy me one as a gift based off the description and her recollection of the name only to come up empty-handed.
KyleW
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of KyleW
With its current updates etc, how is the current voice recognition? I know it has been mentioned previously, but wonder what the current take on reliability is. A Scottish accent can be problematic for voice rec at the best of times and for the project I am currently working on, the only easy route would be voice rec. I just love the pocket watch version and am trying my best not to impulse buy regardless.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The voice recognition works brilliant if you have your phone upside down in your outside suit breast pocket.
As I have mentioned before I also have PeekSmith hidden in another covert location which tells me 100% it’s worked which is a fantastic advantage.
That’s not to say it ever fails but it gives you the peace of mind and even a get out of jail card if you ever needed it.
I love it Gaz 😊
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
54 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
This app is a killer!
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
Newest update of timesmith adds calculator input force capability. This feature is Android only, as IOS users can use Toxic+ to achieve the same thing.
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
Very excited, soon mentalplay app will be integrated with this amazing app (timesmith)
Tarabas
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Tarabas
The App is really great!!!
w00master
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of w00master
I'm a watch guy - so purchased a Skagen Hybrid HR watch (didn't really take to any of the SB models) - one of the Watches listed as compatible. Hoping the watch works with the app! If not, no big deal as I collect watches in general, but considering the specs - Skagen Hybrid HR does have bluetooth - so cross fingers, I am hopeful.

Side note, does TimeSmith in anyway integrate with other apps? Like Inject?
w00master
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of w00master
Follow-up for those who might be interested (LOL). I can confirm that the Timesmith app works with Skagen Hybrid HR watch. Highly recommend this watch - it's a smartwatch but doesn't really look like one. You can get notifications as well on this watch - so any magic apps that have a peek option - you can now get on this watch. Timesmith app works beautifully with this watch as well.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
Well, apart from the hybrid look of the Kronaby (not that innocent, but maybe not too obvious as well) there is no downside of using those models. Later I might use the vibration in the Kronaby, and also detect button presses. Smile

Have these potential functions been added? (Timesmith and Peeksmith prospective customer...)
Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Good evening, I am considering the purchase of the Andras Barthazi SBWatch Watch, after analyzing and seeing the difference with the other model that I was considering, which was the Infinity V3.

Well, I have some questions, is it worth paying the difference for the 2021/22 models over the 2020 model?
I understand that yes, perhaps where it does not deserve so much is between the 2021 and 2022 model. Well, the other question I have is that after seeing the purchase option at Electricks, I notice that they include the ATOM ONE remote for free, they also give the option of ONE to Two, where they will send you the Two command in the future without paying anything else. SINCE they are talking about a problem detected in the ONE remote, is the ONE problem so serious?
I say this because I have seen the SB a bit cheaper on another page, but without including any remote. Is it really worth it, they still talk about the error detected in the ONE, get the option with said command?

Lastly, I'm sorry that it doesn't work with Antony Alverdi's Mental Dice, since I bought both the Mental Dice with viewfinder and the Mental Die a few months ago, could there be a possibility in the future of implementing the option?

However, I imagine that even so, a routine could be somehow inserted with said dice and the clock. How is the use of the mobile phone justified in routines? Since I understand that the only way to see for any game, the time that the clock shows, would be only through the mobile... something that Infinity V3 allows you to see in the remote control through the screen.

Thank you and I look forward to your advice for the best purchase. Say that I am from Spain, so I do not know what would be the best purchase option.
Thanks to the magical world.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The Tony Anverdi dice are radio frequency. Spotted Dice are Bluetooth. The Anverdi dice are not compatible with any of the Benke Smith apps and, likely, never will be.

I recommend you join the TimeSmith and Spotted Dice Facebook groups.

Mark
Andrew Lewis
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Andrew Lewis
This is a genius idea... Making an app for "real" watches. Well done. I might grab this one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TimeSmith by Benke Smith (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL