The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TimeSmith by Benke Smith (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
I've just purchased a used Turner Watch (v1) out of curiosity. ;-)
Here are some key differences at first sight, compared to the SB Watch:

- the TW watch face is smaller (I guess 38mm vs 42mm)
- the TW has a seconds hand which never stops (custom time can't be frozen, and battery drains faster)
- watch hands of the black TW are thicker, therefore slightly more visible
- the watch hand movement of the TW is really loud (I can hear it from 2 meters away, while the SB only can be heard from 30-40cm)
- the hands of the TW move about 1.5x quicker
- sometimes the TW reacts to time setting a bit slower

(P.S.: The 2nd edition of the TW has more visible watch hands/face, and users reported that it's very silent.)

Click here to view attached image.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Timesmith app + SBwatch = trick of the year !
boogie
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of boogie
Hi,

I'm Andras, I'm producing the SB Watch. I'm working on creating the pocket watch edition of the SB Watch. I think in January I'll be able to share some photos of my progress in the TimeSmith Facebook group. I plan to offer a big discount if you already bought an SB Watch from me. Smile I'm also working on a free SB Watch firmware update with some unique features, it might come in 2021Q2 if the SB Watch sales go well (so far it is).

Andras
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
I've also purchased the TimeSmith App which I'm using with my Wilson Remote....it works flawlessly. Super impressed with this App and what it allows us to now accomplish very reliably. PS. I'm using a hybrid watch. Fabulous that the TimeSmith App supports third party devices in this way. Now we have a portable time prediction effect we can all use without touching our phones. This is best in class in my opinion. Well done chaps!
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
My SB watch arrived today. It’s brillant and I really love it. I also could solve some problems with Benke‘s help. His service is amazing! Can someone tell me how long the battery will last?
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Let me check the FAQ for you... ;-)
https://timesmith.info/sbwatch-faq

What is the expected battery life?

We expect it to be several months, but of course it will depend on the usage. If you'd use it as a regular watch, battery would last more than a year.

What kind of battery does the watch have?

It has a CR2032 button battery, which is the most common type of all.

How difficult is it to replace the battery?

Not difficult at all. It's quite a safe and easy procedure (however, if you're afraid to do it yourself, you can ask a watch repair shop to do it for you). Replacing the battery can be done in a few minutes, as you can see in our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPGbvO8VLrg
geordiediver
View Profile
Regular user
With a phantasmagorical...
107 Posts

Profile of geordiediver
Hi BenkeSmith,
I like the looks of the Kronaby Sekel watch and is listed on your app page as compatible. Are there any features on the SB watch that the Kronaby watch will not have through your app?

Also the Kronaby watch has vibration alert so if I was to use your app with the spotted Dice could the watch be used as a thumper, no peak required Smile

Great looking products and idea, Smile
Thank you.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Well, apart from the hybrid look of the Kronaby (not that innocent, but maybe not too obvious as well) there is no downside of using those models. Later I might use the vibration in the Kronaby, and also detect button presses. Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
A total delight to deal with Benke. I had a few hiccups that are now sorted. He reminds me of that super magic dealer Soren from Labco who cannot do enough for you and believes in total customer satisfaction. Its going to be a pleasure watching this app develop. A shout out to Andras too who helped me yesterday. Smile

thanks
DR
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2020, davidredfearn wrote:
A total delight to deal with Benke. I had a few hiccups that are now sorted. He reminds me of that super magic dealer Soren from Labco who cannot do enough for you and believes in total customer satisfaction. Its going to be a pleasure watching this app develop. A shout out to Andras too who helped me yesterday. Smile

thanks
DR

Exactly my experience. Benke is awesome. Amazing what he did for me.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2020, cardistry master wrote:
It is possible to take apart and put in a pocket watch case. Someone already has done so successfully. They said maybe next year but its possible to do your own now.

Allow myself to introduce... Myself
Work in progress
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
First and last post not 100% on topic by me, but connected (pun intended)
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=218
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I void warranties, but the SBWatch is perfect disguised as a classy sassy Casio

Click here to view attached image.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
OMG, is this a working model???? Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2020, BenkeSmith wrote:
OMG, is this a working model???? Smile

Are you kidding? Of course it's working. :-P
I must have spent around $200 to find the perfect dial, but... worth. every. penny.
Likewise your app. Finally I can use lockscreen, I was going to do it myself but you made my effort useless: I wouldn't have been able to do it better in such record time, across so many models.
It fooled my daughter which knows even when I move an app icon around on my home screen. No kidding.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Oooh wait for the next update where the fake lockscreen will get some new features... ;-)
Finally it will have a meaning. :-D
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
I’m still a little confused. If the TimeSmith app works with some other hybrid watches. Does it currently work with the Turner? Thanks!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2021, Jason Purdy wrote:
I’m still a little confused. If the TimeSmith app works with some other hybrid watches. Does it currently work with the Turner? Thanks!

You should PM Benke to ask about that.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, HU
121 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Jason Purdy wrote:

Yes, and no. Yes, it could work, unofficially. No, it's not supported officially until I get permission from NK (which I've requested a couple of times since last October).
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, BenkeSmith wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2021, Jason Purdy wrote:

Yes, and no. Yes, it could work, unofficially. No, it's not supported officially until I get permission from NK (which I've requested a couple of times since last October).

I understand that Benke wants to do the right thing and get permission from NK before supporting their watch, and I commend him for putting forth that effort. But it now seems like doing the right thing has shifted from getting the creators permission to helping out the many Turner owners who have essentially been abandoned by the creators.

It’s my understanding that NK has not refused Benke's request but simply ignored him in the same way they have always ignored users requests and now ignore users problems. So if doing the right thing is truly the motivating factor it would be a tremendous help to the large T watch community to begin supporting their orphaned product.

Benke, since it is becoming clear that you will never receive a response from NK, how long do you intend to wait before adding t watch support?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » TimeSmith by Benke Smith (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL