The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini Rings DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
If this ring routine is so darn good, why doesn't someone buy it from me? I have 500 DVDs here with your name on them.

:)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
You should only have 499 DVDs with my name on it because I already bought one of them.

I think that any ring worker that does not own the Cellini Rings DVD is making a big mistake! Period!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5372 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I agree
koz
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
And I also agree!

I have the video - pre DVD and learned an awful lot from it. It is one sweet routine, but just seeing Cellini do the individual moves is worth it.

I use several of he moves (not nearly as nicely as taught by Cellini) in my routine.

If I had not bought this one, I would never have even started getting serious about the rings.

It is well worth the price just for the performance. It will make you think differently about Rings!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-06-15 12:39, Pete Biro wrote:
<snip>Scott... as much as I love Stevens Magic, I would stay a way from aluminum rings. If you want lightweights save up for hollow stainless steel.

I have to agree 100%!

I do have a 10" solid set from the late Harry Stanley/Unique Magic studio,way back from the early 1960's- that just 'works'.

Unless you work VERY large audiences/distances, 10" is big enough (I do have a 15" set too, supplied by Ken Brooke, together with the 3 ring routine from the late Al Koran)

Out of curiousity I bought the light weight/hollow alu-set from Stevens with magnetic lock and TBH, they are useless!

As mentioned by Pete, use a stainless stel hollow set, if you want 'light weight' (which was the reason I tried the alu-stuff, carrying weight counts)..

There is one guy doing a great set -if one is into locking keyrings or hollow stuff-, I haven't tried or handled it myself, but judging from the (very usefull, non magnetic) locking device he manufactors, it narrows the slit just that tiny bit that is needed f.ex. for the Crash link, to do it well, so I doubt the locking key is good for the Crash link, but as mentioned I haven't tried..magnetic locking keys are NOT good..trust me..but the locking device he has developped works...

Here is the URL for that locking, hollow, stainless steel set I mentioned..I think it is good, though expensive..and IF you don't use the Crash-link I think it will work fine in any routine..and you also can show a chain of 3 rings plain and clear without hiding the gab..that's about (IMHO) the only sequence in a routine, where you should use a locking ring (like the late Richard Ross did)..normally you don't need it..it is just usefull for a free display of a chain of f.ex. 3 rings..at no point in any 3 ring routine it is needed..

Have a look at :

http://www.cupsandballs.nl/

In any case, my point is, DON'T buy a magnetic locking set of any kind!, neither a hollow aluminium set...but a hollow stainless stel set might do- I haven't tried that though..

Rgs.
Werner
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Does a hollow stainless ring have a nice "ring" ot it, or does it sound like a tinny "thud".

Seems like a solid ring would sound better but they are awfuly heavy.

If hollow rings have a nice sound as well, it seems like a good idea.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 14:42, Frank Starsini wrote:
Does a hollow stainless ring have a nice "ring" ot it, or does it sound like a tinny "thud".
Now THAT is something I'm interested to know too, actually I do think there is a nice ring present when using stainless steel or brass (hollow), because this material is not that 'dull' as aluminium and has around 2.5 times the weight of aluminium, but of course still much less then solid material.
I wonder too, if somebody here at this board has experience with hollow stainless or brass rings re the 'sound'?
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I know of several guys who have hollow rings and they do NOT ring anything like solid steel rings do.

It is more like a sharp thud, if that makes any sense.

But I have to say that one set of hollows was alumninum and the other was steel.

I actually didn't have any idea that it would make a difference until I heard it. But I can tell you it isn't even close to the kind of melodious "clanks" that are unmistakeably solid metal to solid metal, that I get out of my solid steel 10" rings.

BroDavid
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Frank,

No, I've not seen Cellini's ring routine.

The Owen hollow stainless rings, ring true like a bell. Aluminum rings clunk, no nice ringing.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
Hi, I just bought and watched Cellini's Lord and Master of the Rings DVD based on your recommendation, and I was not disappointed!!!

My impression of his presentation was that the rings don't even exist! The rings seem to pass through each other like they were holographic projections! I'd prefer if he saved the dropping of the ring to the very final moment to remind us that the rings do exist!

I'd never think that an entire noiseless routine is possible before I saw (or heard) it with my own eyes. While I was practicing the routine it was so quiet that I could hear the iron filings rattling inside the hollow of my rings! It moved me to think it should be illegal for magicians to make a noise with the rings from now on.

I'd like to add though because of the nature of the handling of this routine it's better to use thinner rings, I was practicing last night with my 12" Owen rings and I find the handling a bit awkward. Now I miss my cheap 8" Royal Magic steel wire rings which I sold a while ago...

Who could have thought that an 18 minute video with other junk in it (like spectator comments shots) could be so eye opening?

I already have my own routine and it will take me some time to master Cellini's moves. In conclusion, I may not use his every move, but his routine certainly stretches my imagination of what is possible. And I can say to myself my routine is the way it is not because I don't know anything better.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Is Cellini's routine in The Royal Touch?
Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just saw a set of 10" Hollow Stainless rings, (Owens rings, I believe) and they are thicker than my RNT rings, and actually do have a decent ring to them.

But I still like my solid ones better. although the hollow stainless rings are nice, I like the weight of the solid ones (I use 3, so I don't have the to worry about dragging around the weight of set of 8) and I think the solid ones really do ring better. In my routine, right after I crash link, I hold the moment, and then I drop the ring, and that sound, at that moment, is where I need a sharp sweet ring to punctuate the event.

BroDavid
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I must say I had the pleasure of being in the 2nd row when Cellini did his routine at a lecture and it was absolutely amazing. It looked like pure magic, in fact he got a standing ovation just from his ring routine.

Joe
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Jim, I believe the moves for the routine are all in the book. I'm not sure if the routine is in there in order... move-by-move, however.

You really need to see the DVD for the close-to-real experience.

With the music and all.

But Joes' comment above says it all.

Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini Rings DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL