The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ VPM-4D by Nicholas Lawrence (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
Just bought this and it's exclusively on his website. Looks amazing! I'll let you guys know when I receive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJKqR5a1M24

Be one of the few to have this beautiful card illusion..

Each Copy is Signed & Numbered by Nicholas Lawrence

(Free Domestic Shipping + Tracking)

-EXTREMELY LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE-

Each gimmick is handmade by Nicholas Lawrence and requires a custom printed card and laser cut parts then assembled using the finest materials.

These gimmicks take appx 1.5 hr to construct and are very complex, yet very easy to perform! It looks just as good Live as it does on Video!

(The gimmick is semi-fragile but will last a long time if used with care)

The VPM-4D gimmick is multi functional allowing multiple phases, this means individual pip movement as well you can make all the pips to move in sync! Giving you a 4 phased pip matrix routine, in that aspect there is Nothing like VPM-4D on the market Today..

WATCH INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO BEFORE USING!

- Each Gimmick Is Inspected Before Shipping-

This isnít just another visual magic trick, the gimmick itself is Art and a one of a kind collectors piece..
Magicalos
View Profile
Elite user
462 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Everytime I see a gimmick like this I want to think its as good as it looks upon purchasing am hugely let down however with nicks stuff its really good...i wish I could see this in person before buying to see how bad the pips float ontop of the card....anyone have any ideas?
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1805 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
And every time I see something new released by Nicholas I keep thinking about that one time I ordered 3 items from him, only received one after 2 months and paid customs taxes that increased the price by 50%... and he only answered one of my emails and then radio silence... looks good on camera though!
Ben
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Looks great but would be nice if the card vaule morphed into the selected card ! so what do you do with this just move pips ? Okay . The voice over
sounds like the actor Morgan Freeman. I don't buy fragile gimmicks anymore I already have a draw full of them broken ! maybe good for social media or
a promo video .
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8824 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There needs to be a souvenir giveaway imo. The 4 pips in one corner card would make a great handout, and compliment the illusion.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4087 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree with pegasus.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of NicholasLawrenceMagic
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, goldeneye007 wrote:
And every time I see something new released by Nicholas I keep thinking about that one time I ordered 3 items from him, only received one after 2 months and paid customs taxes that increased the price by 50%... and he only answered one of my emails and then radio silence... looks good on camera though!

Hey. I am super shocked as to this situation. I would love to resolve this ASAP. Please e-mail or DM me your order number as I do not know your information or who you are. Please know there are many things out of my control i.e.: COVID, international shipping prices, government custom fees but I will do everything in my power to make sure you are taken care of but I first need to know what your official order number, name and email.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, Magicalos wrote:
Everytime I see a gimmick like this I want to think its as good as it looks upon purchasing am hugely let down however with nicks stuff its really good...i wish I could see this in person before buying to see how bad the pips float ontop of the card....anyone have any ideas?

I appreciate the kind words and faith in my contributions. I can assure you the pips donít float high on these gimmicks and look better and more affordable than previous moving pip releases. From only 2-3 feet away in person it appears to be a regular card! I perform this Live and gets great reactions even without the mentioned souvenir card, which Iíve thought about including but wasnít important for me and the effect Iím going for, though I might stock these custom printed cards in the future for those who want to give them away as a pricey souvenir.. and just to clear up the other concern about how fragile the gimmick is, to be honest itís actually quite strong and has been vigorously tested to uphold intense repeated performances. I do mention that itís semi-fragile so people understand this is a gimmick made mostly of playing card material and needs to used with care to get your moneyís worth.

As for someone mentioning how cool it would be to transform into a selected card, thatís the opposite of what I was going for, I didnít want to do the same thing thatís been done over and over.. I always strive to be unique with my contributions and offer something special. VPM4D from what I know is the only moving Pip card that isnít a color change/transformation effect.. quite proud of that.

Lastly, This isnít for everyone and I probably wonít make more then the limited 100 copyís which have sold quite well for those interested in the effect but also the limited signed & numbered collectors aspect has brought this effect some great attention.. just to clarify these types of gimmicks shouldnít be taken lightly or compared to every other card gimmick, it genuinely takes over an hour to hand make a single gimmick!
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1805 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, NicholasLawrenceMagic wrote:
Quote:

Hey. I am super shocked as to this situation. I would love to resolve this ASAP. Please e-mail or DM me your order number as I do not know your information or who you are. Please know there are many things out of my control i.e.: COVID, international shipping prices, government custom fees but I will do everything in my power to make sure you are taken care of but I first need to know what your official order number, name and email.

Sure, happy to send you another email after the last ones that remained unanswered... And sure of course, I get that sometimes things can go wrong.

Best,
Ben

EDIT: email sent thank you
Ben
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, happy to send you another email after the last ones that remained unanswered... And sure of course, I get that sometimes things can go wrong.

Best,
Ben

I appreciate you being so understanding, Iíve emailed you back! Happy to make things right, Because of this particular situation with a discontinued product Iíll be refunding you and Iím also gifting you a copy of my newest release VPM4D! I want you to feel appreciated for supporting my small business and know Iíll do anything I can to make my patrons feel served and compensated for these rare occasions where I dropped the ball.

Now that we have resolved this situation, for anyone else letís get back to discussing VPM4D! Im really excited to answer any questions and concerns about the effect and getting these limited copyís in a few lucky peoples hands!

Btw VPM4D have been selling quite well, so if you are interested donít miss out!
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
121 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
This is supposed to be in my hands soon!

I'll post a review in the next month! Looking forward to playing around with the gimmick!

Best

Tyler Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4968 Posts

Profile of videoman
Well, since youíre gifting one to Ben then I think you need to make 101 now. 😃
I agree with you about it morphing into a selection. There have been many versions of that and that is a different effect.
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
I'm so glad Ben is getting taken care of because I've personally had amazing experiences ordering from Nicholas multiple times.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1805 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Best,
Ben

I appreciate you being so understanding, Iíve emailed you back! Happy to make things right, Because of this particular situation with a discontinued product Iíll be refunding you and Iím also gifting you a copy of my newest release VPM4D! I want you to feel appreciated for supporting my small business and know Iíll do anything I can to make my patrons feel served and compensated for these rare occasions where I dropped the ball.

Now that we have resolved this situation, for anyone else letís get back to discussing VPM4D! Im really excited to answer any questions and concerns about the effect and getting these limited copyís in a few lucky peoples hands!

Btw VPM4D have been selling quite well, so if you are interested donít miss out!

Thank you Nicholas
Ben
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Pegasus that is a great idea ! DL then hand out the card with all the pips in the corner . In fact I have the weapons deck by Eris Ross I believe the 4 of
diamonds card is in that pack. The effect looks cool but like I said I always end up never using fragile gimmicks in the real world only for video.
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Nick23
To me the routine makes no sense. Pips move around the card while covered and the spectator wonders how. Then you show them sliding around on the card completely ruining the magic.

It would be like performing the astro ball cabinet with the door open. You could but it ruins everything before it.

There is going to be a lot of heat on that card too at the end and switching out a fragile gimmick without damaging it is going to be hard.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, Nick23 wrote:
To me the routine makes no sense. Pips move around the card while covered and the spectator wonders how. Then you show them sliding around on the card completely ruining the magic.

It would be like performing the astro ball cabinet with the door open. You could but it ruins everything before it.

There is going to be a lot of heat on that card too at the end and switching out a fragile gimmick without damaging it is going to be hard.

With all do respect, this is only your opinion and I can assure you it doesnít ruin the magic.. with my experience when performing this, itís a jaw dropping effect and just because you donít see that, or understand that itís modular and can be performed however you like.. thatís ok! The 40+ people who have already bought their copy within 24 hours have a different opinion.. I canít please everyone! And thatís perfectly ok..

I can also assure you that after the effect is over and you switch the card during a Live performance while the spectators are reacting to what they just witnessed, gives you plenty time to switch the card (if your ability allows) which I just execute the simple switch that I teach in the tutorial, which is safe and protects the gimmick. Which is semi-fragile like hundreds of handmade products on the market today.. the switch definitely goes un-noticed and Iíve never had someone accuse me of switching the card or a poor reaction,. Iíve been switching props in and out of performance for years so maybe Iím biased.

No doubt this isnít for everyone and specifically not for people who donít have the ability to perform it LiVE if thatís their intention, it take some skill to understand & perform this type of magic correctly Live and get good results. Though, Iíve had a handful of people who donít even plan on performing this Live, specifically they want to perform it on video or simply own a cool Limited edition mechanical gimmick hand made, signed and numbered by me.. iíd go as far as saying 80% of people who buy this strictly want it as a collectors piece... or simply want to support my art.
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
559 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Wow that was quite a not so subtle dig at me and my ability just because I'm not that keen on the prop. don't worry, I have the "ability" Nick.

I still stand by my opinion in that the routining is bad. Either cover the movement of the pips or show it, just don't do both.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
NicholasLawrenceMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, Nick23 wrote:
Wow that was quite a not so subtle dig at me and my ability just because I'm not that keen on the prop. don't worry, I have the "ability" Nick.

I still stand by my opinion in that the routining is bad. Either cover the movement of the pips or show it, just don't do both.

I wasnít trying to dig at you, as you said yourself it was subtle so youíve just misinterpreted. I was just being transparent for anyone else who is reading this as well..
But you have clearly given me a ďdigĒ saying my routining is bad.. again thatís just your opinion but what you donít realize is itís a manual/modular type gimmick and performance, you can perform this visual or Non-visual, itís completely up to you.

Ps. My name is Nicholas..
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
It's true what is the trick you moved pips I said this in my earlier post ! A magic trick should be presented as a mini movie a short film whatever you want to
call it ." A Begginig middle & ending" There is a trick were the card pips morph into the selection now that is magic ! Magician in trouble wrong card oh wait !
watch this the wrong card magically turned into the selected card !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ VPM-4D by Nicholas Lawrence (13 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL