The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PUNCH'D (Mark Cards in a fool-proof way in front of their eyes!) by David Michael Fox & Other Bro (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
You punch a borrowed deck and leave it with the owner and it is “undetectable”? A
igood tool but do not leave it in some on else's deck. Maybe not easily detectable,But it is detectable .
Hopefully
not during the next poker game with his friends. Any one want to cut for high card?
Hey bill how come the deck keeps cutting to the aces.(Shown in the video.) What is this I feel?
Not e every time but often.
It is more like a key card than a crimp.Would you permanently leave a long , thick or stripped card in your hosts deck? Let alone 4 .
Galganosteven
View Profile
New user
Bayville, NJ
4 Posts

Profile of Galganosteven
I just ordered PUNCH’D. Taking a chance in 2021. Hopefully it is good and useful.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of mantel
Unless Fox and the Other Brothers are using "artistic licence" in the ad copy. The "marks" are temporary.

Quote:
Get all the benefits of a gaffed deck but with a fully examinable, completely borrowed deck of cards which can be handed right back to the spectator without them ever discovering your mark. Because it disappeared. Like magic.
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
293 Posts

Profile of geggy
Apart from the 'Borrowing ' aspect, don't really get the point of this.. is that the only advantage?
If so just use marked cards.
ScarneAce
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
83 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2020, fcchief1 wrote:
Luke Dancy gave a partial review on this on his Murphy's Magic broadcast. He gave good marks, for example in the trailer you see the magician pushing up cards as he goes thru the deck and at the same time is "marking" them. That to me is pretty slick. Just may have to jump on this and the price is right!

Does Luke ever not give good reviews?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5213 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, geggy wrote:
Apart from the 'Borrowing ' aspect, don't really get the point of this.. is that the only advantage?

I agree, this may be a good tool to quickly mark your own cards or for when you are hanging out with other magicians, but other than that, who is regularly borrowing decks of cards?

So you carry this tool with you, ready to go, every single day of your life waiting for that rare opportunity to arise when you can actually use a borrowed, shuffled deck?
I’m sure I’d forget to use it and then be kicking myself later anyway. 😃
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3302 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I wonder how similar it is to this?

https://www.mymagic.com/p/gaming-cheating/card-peggers
Mark Timon
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, geggy wrote:

I agree, this may be a good tool to quickly mark your own cards or for when you are hanging out with other magicians, but other than that, who is regularly borrowing decks of cards?

So you carry this tool with you, ready to go, every single day of your life waiting for that rare opportunity to arise when you can actually use a borrowed, shuffled deck?
I’m sure I’d forget to use it and then be kicking myself later anyway. 😃

Exactly what I was thinking!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3024 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Great video thanks for posting !
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I wonder how similar it is to this?

https://www.mymagic.com/p/gaming-cheating/card-peggers

This doesn't appeal to me, but that's what I assumed would be in play.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of dyoung
From what I've heard its not like those peggers linked by Rowdy, but more like other devices of this nature (but smaller).
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8968 Posts

Profile of pegasus
“Hi, yes you, lol. Have you got a deck of cards on you that I can borrow?”

“No”

“Ah, ok. Sorry to bother you”
Galganosteven
View Profile
New user
Bayville, NJ
4 Posts

Profile of Galganosteven
Ok. I bought it and it came in today. It is an old concept made new. It is a small utility item to mark cards, billets, cash, envelopes or any paper product. The marks are semi permanent but can be minimized. It is portable and light weight and well made. The hour long instruction is more like a Jam. Showing how it works and tossing out ideas how to use it in different scenarios. For what it is, it is excellent. Great price. Totally going to be using this.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I just don't know how you would use this in a real routine.... the promo video shows someone finding cards which have already been marked, but what does a routine look like that actually does borrow a deck and/or mark cards on the fly as part of the routine?
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3024 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Why not seperate the red cards from the black cards while blindfolded that works for me ! the spectator can shuffle the deck before the demonstration .
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, tophatter wrote:
Why not seperate the red cards from the black cards while blindfolded that works for me ! the spectator can shuffle the deck before the demonstration .

But how do you mark them in real time as part of the routine?
Galganosteven
View Profile
New user
Bayville, NJ
4 Posts

Profile of Galganosteven
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, tophatter wrote:

You use the PUNCH’D device palmed and it is not to hard to use in real time. It shows in the instruction video how to mark them while going through the deck out jogging selected cards before you hand the cards back to them to shuffle. Takes practice to do it smooth and hidden but it is achievable.
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
293 Posts

Profile of geggy
But how do you mark them in real time as part of the routine? [/quote]

You use the PUNCH’D device palmed and it is not to hard to use in real time. It shows in the instruction video how to mark them while going through the deck out jogging selected cards before you hand the cards back to them to shuffle. Takes practice to do it smooth and hidden but it is achievable. [/quote]

Still don't get the point..you mark them in real time...
Why bother, just use marked cards...OR...am I way off the mark!!????
Just don't get the point of this.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
797 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, geggy wrote:

Just don't get the point of this.

I think there are a bunch of things you can do with this that go beyond marked cards -- including the effects with the blindfold, cutting to specific cards after a shuffle, and then all of the non-card effects they briefly flash through in the trailer. In the same way that DVS/Seer or Vibe allow for certain effects that you can't do with marked cards, so does this.
Galganosteven
View Profile
New user
Bayville, NJ
4 Posts

Profile of Galganosteven
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2021, geggy wrote:

You use the PUNCH’D device palmed and it is not to hard to use in real time. It shows in the instruction video how to mark them while going through the deck out jogging selected cards before you hand the cards back to them to shuffle. Takes practice to do it smooth and hidden but it is achievable. [/quote]

Just don't get the point of this. [/quote]
Marking in real time takes the heat off you. You mark them and give them back for spectator to shuffle. But also you can mark almost any paper product as well, it doesn’t have to be cards. I am working on ideas to mark bills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PUNCH'D (Mark Cards in a fool-proof way in front of their eyes!) by David Michael Fox & Other Bro (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL