The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PUNCH'D (Mark Cards in a fool-proof way in front of their eyes!) by David Michael Fox & Other Bro (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3013 Posts

Profile of tophatter
The only reason it states " You can mark the cards while going through the deck" IS JUST A SELLING PLOY ! who would want to do that really ! Punch the cards
in the deck you want to locate for your routine ahead of time 4 Aces, Seperate reds from black cards etc.. & your set to go ! in fact perform a few card tricks & then go into
finding your punch cards for your favorite routine.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
755 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2021, tophatter wrote:
The only reason it states " You can mark the cards while going through the deck" IS JUST A SELLING PLOY ! who would want to do that really ! Punch the cards
in the deck you want to locate for your routine ahead of time 4 Aces, Seperate reds from black cards etc.. & your set to go ! in fact perform a few card tricks & then go into
finding your punch cards for your favorite routine.


I can see lots of cases where you'd want to do it on the fly. I'm confused why so many of you are confused by this. Just as an example, you can have them name 4 different cards, "check" the deck to make sure they're all in there, hand the deck to the spectator and have them shuffle, and then find the very cards they named. That's just a very, very simple version, and I can see lots of other ways you could use this on the fly.
Harry Patter
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, no2ss wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2021, tophatter wrote:
The only reason it states " You can mark the cards while going through the deck" IS JUST A SELLING PLOY ! who would want to do that really ! Punch the cards
in the deck you want to locate for your routine ahead of time 4 Aces, Seperate reds from black cards etc.. & your set to go ! in fact perform a few card tricks & then go into
finding your punch cards for your favorite routine.


I can see lots of cases where you'd want to do it on the fly. I'm confused why so many of you are confused by this. Just as an example, you can have them name 4 different cards, "check" the deck to make sure they're all in there, hand the deck to the spectator and have them shuffle, and then find the very cards they named. That's just a very, very simple version, and I can see lots of other ways you could use this on the fly.


That is true, but why not just give them a little corner crimp? Then the evidence is simple to remove as well. Or just cull them and produce them.
The 50 minute tutorial tries to give a good reason to use the gimmick, but in my opinion none really feel worth the hassle or better than another method already out there.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2518 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is the worse waste of money I have spent in a really long time. Just got this today. I do collect these type of things but imo, it's a joke. I'm an expert on the punch deal but if I want to punch on the fly, I'll still use my th*&^n***. This goes for any other use for the punch.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3279 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Definitely overpriced for what it is.
pikat
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of pikat
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Steven Conner wrote:
This is the worse waste of money I have spent in a really long time. Just got this today. I do collect these type of things but imo, it's a joke. I'm an expert on the punch deal but if I want to punch on the fly, I'll still use my th*&^n***. This goes for any other use for the punch.

Best

Steve



But, for a punch newbie what is your advice ?
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2412 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, pikat wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Steven Conner wrote:
This is the worse waste of money I have spent in a really long time. Just got this today. I do collect these type of things but imo, it's a joke. I'm an expert on the punch deal but if I want to punch on the fly, I'll still use my th*&^n***. This goes for any other use for the punch.

Best

Steve



But, for a punch newbie what is your advice ?


Buy a book to learn other techniques for finding a card or marking a card.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
729 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Now we don't know Pikat's skill level, he might be an experienced card handler, but doesn't have much experience with punching. Sadly there isn't THAT much readily available resources on it.
pikat
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of pikat
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, dyoung wrote:
Now we don't know Pikat's skill level, he might be an experienced card handler, but doesn't have much experience with punching. Sadly there isn't THAT much readily available resources on it.


Yes, you right, thanks for your comment.

I have some experience on card magic... marked deck / control,..

But totally new to punching, so I try to expand my magic skill.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4312 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Very useful tool and something you can get into in performance if need be, I am not getting the hate.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1964 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PUNCH'D (Mark Cards in a fool-proof way in front of their eyes!) by David Michael Fox & Other Bro (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL