The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PUNCH'D (Mark Cards in a fool-proof way in front of their eyes!) by David Michael Fox & Other Bro (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Designed for the modern magician.
Mark Cards with a BORROWED, shuffled deck...and end up an UNDETECTABLE cheating deck.

NO Crimps
On the fly.
NO preparation.

Includes over 1 HOUR of instruction from the Other Brothers and David Michael Fox.
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=68407
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Sounds interesting. Does it require refills?
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
262 Posts

Profile of IanB
If this is creating "punched cards" on the fly then I'm in.
I've been using punches for the last 30+ years and in a way it's a shame it will become mainstream. But, if the device is good then fair play.
Alan Rorrison's Sentio is a good device for this type of work on the fly. Interested to see how it compares.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Unfortunately, I can’t remember the last thing the other bros released that wasn’t drivel
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Drivel "Silly Nonsense" thanks Siri.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, Magic KL wrote:
Sounds interesting. Does it require refills?

No, it does not require any form of refills Smile

Tyler
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2020, IanB wrote:
If this is creating "punched cards" on the fly then I'm in.
I've been using punches for the last 30+ years and in a way it's a shame it will become mainstream. But, if the device is good then fair play.
Alan Rorrison's Sentio is a good device for this type of work on the fly. Interested to see how it compares.

Hi Ian,

Happy new year to you and your family and hope to see you at Steels along with Mr. Cook before too long!! Smile

I'm not familiar with Sentio but David showed me this last month and it is beautiful. I think you will be very impressed with the thought gone into it and how covertly practical it is.

He suggested that two gimmicks may be included, one black, one flesh colored but I'm not sure whether this is the case...My order is in regardless! Smile

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
This thread makes me think of Mark Calabrese's DVS. His approach is tactile as well and involves a blindfold routine.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, Kaliix wrote:
This thread makes me think of Mark Calabrese's DVS. His approach is tactile as well and involves a blindfold routine.

But unfortunately it is very messy and can destroy decks easily.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:

That was my thought too (Mark rebranded DVS as "the Seer" as well, which has some updated ideas and... stuff) which basically shows some very similar effects to what's in this trailer, though I think the method here is different.
jf4viva
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of jf4viva
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2020, ArtIn wrote:
Quote:

But unfortunately it is very messy and can destroy decks easily.

if you are destroying the deck or causing a mess, you're doing it wrong.

Mark Calabrese
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
But are there any reviews?

Gianni
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, Gianni wrote:
But are there any reviews?

Gianni

Punch'd is not released until the 4th January.

BTW David has confirmed that there are two gimmicks in the set, one black, the other flesh coloured.

Looking forward to 2021 now! Smile

Paul McCaig.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Sentio is great and all you really need. But in reality, when are you ever going to be given a borrowed deck? In 35 yrs, it’s happened to me maybe 2 times. Uses are much more limited if you use your own deck.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It more than likely would occur at a friend or family’s home is my thought
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I would just prep the deck & perform a few regular card tricks then go into the finding of the suites . Seperating the reds from the black cards while blindfolded dealing
the cards face down then reveal the seperate piles face up will work for me !
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:

Thanks for posting that, Kaliix. I was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of Mark's effect.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for posting that, Kaliix. I was wracking my brain trying to remember the name of Mark's effect.

And then whenever I think of DVS it reminds me of Bob Solari's trick Vibe. Another one I had forgotten about.
I remember buying it years ago and later selling it and honestly can't remember a thing as to the method. Smile
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, rosariorose9 wrote:
Quote:

And then whenever I think of DVS it reminds me of Bob Solari's trick Vibe. Another one I had forgotten about.
I remember buying it years ago and later selling it and honestly can't remember a thing as to the method. Smile

Yeah, Vibe allows you to do some similar effects, and it's neat, but it's not as impromptu as DVS or as adaptable. It requires preparation beforehand, not on the fly.
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Luke Dancy gave a partial review on this on his Murphy's Magic broadcast. He gave good marks, for example in the trailer you see the magician pushing up cards as he goes thru the deck and at the same time is "marking" them. That to me is pretty slick. Just may have to jump on this and the price is right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PUNCH'D (Mark Cards in a fool-proof way in front of their eyes!) by David Michael Fox & Other Bro (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL