The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My Luck Is Yours by John Carey (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I gotta say I am loving this,John Carey knocks another card Trick Routine out of the Ball Park,spectator shuffles picks any 3 did-git number,nothing forced, before you have a lucky card can be enveloped on the table or in your pocket,i like the envelope idea as it can work as a fortune teller prediction along with the other patter with their 3 chosen cards.Download Tutorial purchase,this can open up more prediction like routines, I am not the greatest at adding up in my head only down fall for me , the math is simple enough just a few things going on at once for me,so a memory thing,I do have a way around that anyway as my memory is not all that these day's and use quite a few different sneaky systems in place to assist me.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of David Numen
You don't find that it's an awfully convoluted, not to say illogical, procedure to arrive at one card?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, David Numen wrote:
You don't find that it's an awfully convoluted, not to say illogical, procedure to arrive at one card?

Horses for courses, I like it and with imagination I will dress it up my way,of course not able to road test it yet as my gigs were canceled and with this social distance thing,soon as I can if my routine works it goes in,if not no, loss. I like johns stuff, a few I won't bother with most I will.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3195 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Was pretty bored with this one, not thrilled at all and yes, convoluted. Surprising as I’m a fan of JC.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of David Numen
It feels to me like watching a kid making something up as he goes along then stopping when he finally hits...it just doesn't feel like the ending is actually logical and I'm not sure a spectator would be wowed by this.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
242 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Luckily I had some matchsticks available to keep my eyes open for the trailer.

Illogical, convoluted and unnecessary.

Shame, as I like a lot of Carey’s work. I’ll be giving this a miss
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1724 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
After purchasing Stealth last week I will give this a hard pass.
Very boring and couldn't finish the demo.

Shame as a big JC fan.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12198 Posts

Profile of John C
Everything isn’t good.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well with a little creative imagination and a Tarot Deck weaved into a story of Fortune telling and Numeracy,smashed it out of the Ball Park , not for everyone but using your imagination,well it does help and fit's in well with my spooky Mentalism routining, not for all but it's what you can make of a clever idea and run with it,for some can and some can't, I'm cool with that.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of David Numen
People love readings and a decent reader will be of more interest to most people than a magician because people like hearing about themselves. You've fallen into the typical magician trap of getting excited over a trick (and a really bad one IMHO) and using tarot when people would much rather you just read a card for them. IMHO.
ScarneAce
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
76 Posts

Profile of ScarneAce
7 minutes long, you could perform triumph, matching the cards and end with out of this world in that time.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Fair enough statements Gentleman,yes I gather you don't like it,If people want a REAL Tarot Reading ,well they woudnt go to a Magician ,would they.The 2 couples I did it for, it worked, they enjoyed it,i do have a regular audiance at times, I also know what works with them,some are even Pagan Witches and know about true Tarot Reading,as practice it,they know I am a Magician and nothing else. I won't bore you with details of my Routine, what works for some does not work for others I simply put on MY experience with it,and yes I do earn a living performing along with my day job.I find it funny on here where when not even seen a performance by one, it's autocratically frowned on,well it is the Magiccafe after all,good day or evening and thank you for your feedback, you must be sharman David Numen as you seem to know my audiance and what they like and don't like.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Fair enough statements Gentleman,yes I gather you don't like it,If people want a REAL Tarot Reading ,well they woudnt go to a Magician ,would they.The 2 couples I did it for, it worked, they enjoyed it,i do have a regular audiance at times, I also know what works with them,some are even Pagan Witches and know about true Tarot Reading,as practice it,they know I am a Magician and nothing else. I won't bore you with details of my Routine, what works for some does not work for others I simply put on MY experience with it,and yes I do earn a living performing along with my day job.I find it funny on here where when not even seen a performance by one, it's autocratically frowned on,well it is the Magiccafe after all,good day or evening and thank you for your feedback, you must be sharman David Numen as you seem to know my audiance and what they like and don't like.

I learnt tarot from Joe Riding who was a magician who did tarot readings so, yeah, they'd potentially go to a magician. And if a magician gets tarot cards out and DOESN'T do some kind of reading for his audience then he's clearly more interested in showing tricks than in connecting with his audience. I have a pretty good idea what makes people tick and people HATE being fooled but LOVE being told about themselves.

Hang on to the trick all you like but it's a dud IMHO. And an overlong one at that.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:

I learnt tarot from Joe Riding who was a magician who did tarot readings so, yeah, they'd potentially go to a magician. And if a magician gets tarot cards out and DOESN'T do some kind of reading for his audience then he's clearly more interested in showing tricks than in connecting with his audience. I have a pretty good idea what makes people tick and people HATE being fooled but LOVE being told about themselves.

Hang on to the trick all you like but it's a dud IMHO. And an overlong one at that.

Fair play sir,but how do you know that I did not weave a story also telling them about them self?,i have several Tarot decks and in the past have given readings,proper ones at that.I studied the Occult and Parapsychology in the late 80s.So what you percieve
as a over long and a dud,well that's your opinion.There are others who have their own opinion and rather then just come on here stating that they know everything, of course YOU know how everyone thinks,what works for everyone and to do it and think it's all gotta be YOUR Way,Nah your ok I'll keep doing it my way getting my gigs and listen to people who do have positive side also in what they come out with and with a little more imagination used as well.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Last time I checked this was a place where one could express one's opinions on the latest and greatest. I've never said don't do the trick - you can do what you like, it's not my business. I stand by my opinion that it's a dud and I don't care how it's dressed up. I also think I care about people I perform for too much to flannel them with a dud trick like this. IMHO it's not worth dressing up. You feel differently - great, good for you, enjoy.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Last time I checked this was a place where one could express one's opinions on the latest and greatest. I've never said don't do the trick - you can do what you like, it's not my business. I stand by my opinion that it's a dud and I don't care how it's dressed up. I also think I care about people I perform for too much to flannel them with a dud trick like this. IMHO it's not worth dressing up. You feel differently - great, good for you, enjoy.

Oh not only are you happy to be patronizing and condescending, I now don't care about my audience either,so you have been to one of my shows,you have seen me perform NO, I simply shared my view and opinion, yes you are entitled to yours,but I never came on and talk to some down on how they choose to perform something,i wanted to share an idea,yes go on about the trick but patronize me,talk to me down, yup oh Master you are the one,oh mighty wizard I will have to consult to you next time I buy from a creater a working pro and save my money use your lack of imagination in dressing up something to make their own,i can't comment on how wonderful your shows are,because unlike you I don;t talk people down with everything Negative,talk about up ones self,you are really special sir.
Happy 2021 ,way to go.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Oh let it go for Pete's sake.

It would be easy to do what many do on here - jump on and diss something or praise something without explaining why. I've explained why don't like this you've explained why you do like it and you've somehow performed it for people already - great. You're happy with it. However YOU threw the first stone when you intimated that some can run with a clever idea (which this most certainly isn't) and some can't. That was condescending and that's what triggered my tone in my responses.

You love the trick - great. I don't as do others. Great. I've already given this more attention than it deserves so bleat away all you like, I'm done.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I will put my hands up and reading in between my lines, I may of thrown a stone in,for that I apologize,All done I've left the building I'm done with it.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
A sad reflection of how this place is these days. With all the **** going down in the world silly arguments are such a pity to see...
At the end of the day it’s a card trick, like it or not.

That’s enough time wasted. Happy New Year to you and yours.

JC
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2021, ScarneAce wrote:
7 minutes long, you could perform triumph, matching the cards and end with out of this world in that time.

And produce a box of KFC and a bottle of Jack!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » My Luck Is Yours by John Carey (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL