The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Right on the Money by R. Paul Wilson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ramon M
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Ramon M
Dear Steven Conner and dyoung,
yes, I noticed as well that the books are out of print. I have not looked into the DVD's.
About the material from the books, besides what dyoung already mentioned, I can for ex. recommend chapter 4 from 'Act two', which is called 'Money Matters'.
There are 5 effects;
The Human Scale
But There's More!
Net Worth
Helicopter Coins
Dr Faust Does a Miracle

There is a lot of other material in these books that is as well very much worth looking into imo.
And I think that people like Paul Wilson actually do exactly that, which is not a complaint btw.

Best
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
180 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Well, I went ahead and bought it because I figured there might be details in the explanation that elevated this trick.

All in all, there are not. This is way too expensive for a $10 download, the explanation is very short and lacking, it's a worse version of exact change (not saying it a bad trick though, there just are better ones), and it is too much back and forth in the performance.

Watch my review here: https://youtu.be/aPzcPOC6RCU
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Seemed pretty obvious from the trailer. His hand looked so unnatural. This is something you would share with a magic buddy, not something you would market and sell.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2021, Jared wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2021, Wravyn wrote:
Jared, I agree about this being a casual type of trick.
As far as carrying a baggie, this is not the first trick that uses them.
The first one I can remember was a card trick, Hefty Penetration, in the book Magic Hedonists in the Bahamas, another one is Bag 4 Life, by Mark Bendell
I guess if someone is doing those, they will already have a baggie.

Yes, you are correct. In fact, I own 'Bag 4 Life' (it completely slipped my mind). After thinking more about this effect, I've concluded that this might be an interesting way to hand out your business card (with the prediction written on the back) in casual situations to perspective clients (In fact, I think it mentions this idea on the trailer)... ("I'm going to place your change inside this bag along with a prediction that I made earlier today. When you get home tonight, have a look and see if I predicted correctly. And if you were entertained, please keep me in mind for future parties and events." But again, the only issue is whether it seem 'normal' to be carrying around little baggies. That would be an individual preference that will vary by person.

But as a real-time prediction I do not care for this effect. IMO it makes no sense to place a bunch of loose change and place it inside a bag only to remove it two seconds later...Why wouldn't you just ask the person to count the change they grabbed? ...Why are we placing it inside a bag? So, again if this is being used as a sales tool then I could see this as being a useful effect to have in your arsenal. But for a real-time prediction with loose change, I still prefer my Exact Change because it seems more organic.

They are placing it in the bag to setup for the ending. Whichever way they choose to go.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Right on the Money by R. Paul Wilson (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL