The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Leave them wanting more? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RobertBlind
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of RobertBlind
Should you leave them wanting more or leave them completely satisfied and drained?

What is more profitable?
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
659 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
How do you accurately assess one from the other?

Before you begin to get to questions as sophisticated as the one you pose here, you have to accurately judge people’s interest level.

And that’s not even addressing the proposition that we’re adequately equipped to leave them “completely satisfied” to begin with.

Every moment in life is different and must be treated as such.

That’s the one for me
RobertBlind
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of RobertBlind
Your answer is great and has me thinking...
To answer you, here’s an example using CNB:

There’s the finale where the produces 6 oranges and a final melon under the hat, and tops it off with the volunteer’s signed bill being revealed in one the oranges. The audience leaves full, most likely won’t stick around if a performer went up after.

Then there’s a more simple 3 orange production finale. The crowd build was the same, the performer was charasmatic, but pulled back on the final punch.

If I have a good crowd that’s fun and easy to work with, I’ll give them my true grand finale. It’s been profitable.
Some crowds are rougher and the pendulum doesn’t swing as I’d like, I really feel like the more I give them, the less I’ll get. I’ve been expirementing with how much I should give and it seems like less is more
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
145 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Trust your instincts,
You can kinda feel the energy in the crowd and how they are reacting.
In my show I tell them what I’m going to do and than fulfill the promise.
My advice is leave them laughing.
All the best,
Nickoli
RobertBlind
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of RobertBlind
“Leave them laughing” that’s great, I’ll remember that, thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Leave them wanting more? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL