The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prementaliction by Chris Dugdale presented by Vortex Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1978 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Chris Dugdale is a man who has truly achieved the most incredible things in the magic business. Those who know, know...

He has achieved 14 royal performances, a private show for HM The Queen, United Nations command performances, a standing ovation and medal of excellence from his Pentagon audience, 4 Edfest Bouquet wins and more.

"This is the ONE effect I use to open EVERY ONLINE show right now. It doesn't get any better than this. I can't wait to use this in live performances as well."
- Paul Romhany

"The Best I've Seen, Brilliant"
- Sir Richard Branson

"What a pleasure to have met you and be amazed by your magic""
- Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin

"The most unbelievable ending of any trick ever"
- ITV

Prementaliction has been one of his opening routines for many years and now it is the perfect opening for online performances.

ROUTINE ONE: (this is how he presents it on television appearances)
This fantastic opener starts with an audience member shouting out a number between 1-100. A wallet that has been in full view is then opened revealing a ticket case. The number in the ticket case is off by 3. Then a huge envelope that was on display at the very start of the routine is opened to show that the performer had somehow predicted this ahead of time. A super clean, slick and fair looking impossible prediction.
From a technical perspective the performer is completely clean when removing the prediction from the ticket case.

ROUTINE TWO:
A very direct routine for the virtual performer. A wallet with a target sticker on it is shown and a random audience member is asked to call out a number between 1-100. The spectator sends her number mentally to the target. The performer then opens the wallet and takes out a smaller business card wallet. A business card is taken out and the number called out by the spectator matches the prediction on the card.

NOTE: You can have a word, number etc. written on the business card. For virtual and live shows you can have several different people call out numbers. A great way to get different people involved in a routine.

YOU RECEIVE:
A custom-made wallet with smaller business card wallet inside.
Online tutorial - Live performances and online performances. Chris teaches his handling plus alternate ideas and bonus tips on marketing, using this for virtual performances and more.

NOTE: You will need to supply one small item that is easily obtainable, and all mentalists will own.

More info:
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.asp......4d184a10

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
I don't like the sticker.. but the routine looks interesting.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
672 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2021, Oliver Munoz Gutierrez wrote:

I agree with this. Im sure there's a way around it... I think it's really just motivation to hold the wallet up and do a certain "thing". Could be wrong tho.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
684 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2021, brandon90 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2021, Oliver Munoz Gutierrez wrote:

I agree with this. Im sure there's a way around it... I think it's really just motivation to hold the wallet up and do a certain "thing". Could be wrong tho.

I think that's spot on. "Look at this and name your number", do your dirty work- all done. I like this. Though I've never tried anything like it and is the dirt work really noticeable in a close up situation. Then you can have your reveal on a card box that's been on the table.
Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Oliver Munoz Gutierrez
Im curios and will give it a try 🤓
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I do this simply with a business card and ‘the gimmick’ around tables at events (when we were allowed to work!). I don’t think I have ever been caught. This addition of the wallet is nice and more deceptive as the business card comes out of an envelope in the wallet. For walk around though, this does mean carrying another wallet. I mean another wallet as I have a JOL wallet as well.
Will be interesting to hear from someone who buys it.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2021, Khuluma wrote:
I do this simply with a business card and ‘the gimmick’ around tables at events (when we were allowed to work!). I don’t think I have ever been caught. This addition of the wallet is nice and more deceptive as the business card comes out of an envelope in the wallet. For walk around though, this does mean carrying another wallet. I mean another wallet as I have a JOL wallet as well.
Will be interesting to hear from someone who buys it.

Thank you for sharing. The wallet(s) probably give more cover and more surface stability to do the dirty work as compared using just a business or index card. The bullseye sticker certainly gives motivation to hold up the wallet in that necessary position and angle. I assume that each performer has his or her own personal preference and that is why the special something is not included with the wallet. It also keeps the cost down. IT seems very reasonably priced.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2090 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
As copy says requires something every mentalist has...not sure that’s true, though
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
As copy says requires something every mentalist has...not sure that’s true, though

Since it is a fair assumption that every magician will have a TT, it probably is also a fair assumption that every mentalist has a NW of some sort. Although, you are correct that probably not every mentalist has one.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I think we can simply do this effect using any gimmick writer . Did I miss something from the ads ?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12200 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:

I don’t have one.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Khuluma
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Khuluma
I agree with Michael above (magicinsight) that most mentalists would have that gimmick needed for this effect.
If not, it’s not a big deal as they are relatively cheap and easily available. You need to get your own because there different sizes and shapes available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prementaliction by Chris Dugdale presented by Vortex Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL