The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Impossibe Card Magic -Ray Kosby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
I just saw ths at Mgicproshop.com, is this a good DVD for card magic could anybody write review on it who has it? The effects described in it sound really good.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I have seen the video of Ray Kosby. There is some incredible card magic in them.

Ray does get flack from a lot of people for not being a "performer." A lot of the routines are fairly straight forward and the video showcases the trick instead of the performance of the trick. Although, I thought he did a fine job.

Most of his card magic is pretty tough, hence the name, Impossible Card Magic. It's geared for the intermediate to advanced card technician, and even they would probably have to spend some time working on it.

It'll take some work, but if you're able to master it, you'll be in a higher echelon of card magic.

K.C. Ushijima

If you're looking for a video on some killer general magic, you may want to check out his other video. An apple changes color as he eats it.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie
If you are looking for a challenge in card magic, you have found it. the Effects on them are very strong and are very difficult. Buy the DVD and you will not be disappointed as long as you are willing to put in a lot of work.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
As you heard in the reviews. Yes, as it sounds - impossible to figure out when you first see.

If you are looking for strange and difficult stuffs then it's for you.

Th3.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Could someone who owns this please write a more detailed review of it. Thanks,
Will

Given that it seems most of the tricks depend on his move Raise Rise (that the impression that I've got from some of the replies) and this move is cited frequently in another thread as being unmastered by many, is there any point in getting this DVD is so many have failed to master the essential move?
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
All I can say the effects are good but they are almost impossible to do (for me), so it's no good for me. I just like the way he does Raise Rise. Smile
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Impossible Card Magic is one of my favorite dvd. There is about 10 to 12 effects on it. ( I am at work right now so I don not remember offhand). About four of these use the Fred Robinson's Ambitious Riser move. Some of the other effects are intermediate but most of them are rather advance. Some of my favorites advance effect ( read near impossible) are Freedom of Choice which is a spectator touches four cards which you outjog and in raising the fan to show the faces of the outjog cards you see that they are all aces. Marvellous! Another one is a kind of twisting the aces using three chosen cards. they begin face up and they turned face down one at a time. The trick is that it is done with only one hand. Stupendous!
Remember that Ray Kosby is an amateur magician and that presentation is not his forte.

Well if you like a challenge or just like to see what can be done with lots of practice than this dvd is for you.

Yves
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
It is an excellent tape, and as Yves says, his presentation is dry. I bought this solely for Raise Rise. The tricks are extremely good, but also EXTREMELY difficult. If you are the type that loves to put in the work and you like to perform for other magicians, get this tape. Magicians love to see these effects. Kosby's other tape Wow! It's Ray Kosby, is excellent as well. Probably just as good, and it branches off of just card magic. His effect Silver and Bone, is astonishing.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
What I want to say are all said by the posts above...
1) he's not very much of a performer
2) the sleights required are quite tough
gentleman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gentleman
Is it suitable for impromptu magic
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
If you take the time to learn the difficult sleights, yes. The Card Magic on is.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have both of Rays tapes for sale. go to videos for trade or sale..
both Videos are excellent.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Pants99
View Profile
Loyal user
El Paso, TX
230 Posts

Profile of Pants99
The magic is killer, but his presentation makes me struggle to watch it. He's stiffer than a corpse.
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
He may not be the magician with the best presentation's but he has some killer hands.He's very skillful with card sleights.
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
I don't understand. I love that he is a stiff. I don't want to steal his presentation. Why does everyone hate that? you guys really want to copy the performer and become a clone? hope not.

as for the techincal part of the video. It is more about being able to do some of the hardest sleights. I can do raise rise perfect everytime now, but that's only after 4 years of doing that *** thing.

If you are a techician than this video is for you. Like to practice moves over and over again? than get the video.

I remember the first time seeing the video. My jaws drop to the ground when he did raise rise. crazy.

Tony C.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Different people have different gifts. Ray's not a worker but he's very clever and technically adept. Plus he's a really nice guy. Buy the video to learn his effects and handling, not to copy his presentation.

Larry D.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I did not think that he did a bad job at all. His audience seemed amazed enough.

I liked how he explains things kind of robotic yet thorough as if he was reading from a book and then at times he seems to really relax and the information just flows. He is a great talent, and his work merits study.
Drive Carefully
D.i.M.i.T.r.I.o.S.
View Profile
New user
Belgium
2 Posts

Profile of D.i.M.i.T.r.I.o.S.
Hello everyone,
I'm new in this forum, but I've a question.
Where can I buy the DVD from Ray Kosbys (Impossible Card Magic)??
Because I can't find it anywhere.
thanks

greetz
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jacob boehme
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jacob boehme
I don't know why you are all picking on Mr. Kosby. Some of you know that his father was from Austria. One of our finest exports!! "Raise rise"!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Impossibe Card Magic -Ray Kosby (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL