The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Impossibe Card Magic -Ray Kosby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
I enjoy his style. He is not dry. He is smooth. You don't have to be Bozo the Clown when you do card tricks. I believe the more you watch him on the video the more you will like him. So what that he doesn't tell jokes. I think he responds to Kaufman's lines very well. I would say he is more of a gentleman performer. I would give up a few of my lines for his ability with cards. Besides have you ever watched yourself performing on tape ? Are you as clever and charming as your mother thinks you are ? Can you imagine filming in front of a studio camera ? One must take these thoughts into concideration. People even think Ammar is dry !!! You won't after you see him live. All the pro's have their own style. Learn from them and then adapt to your technique. Peace
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
D.i.M.i.T.r.I.o.S.
View Profile
New user
Belgium
2 Posts

Profile of D.i.M.i.T.r.I.o.S.
Thanks for the link.
Does this DVD learns you how do a color change
for example: when you spread your fingers above the deck and the card changes or
Am I wrong??? cause I'm looking for this color change...

thanks anyway
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
This dvd is very good. Not a bad purchase. The Ambitious Riser move is worth the price of the tape.
Raise Rise will also impress magicians.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
I think Ray Cosby has a brilliant mind. His previous video, WOW, was also good, with very clever effects. Impossible Card Magic is worth getting, and while the Raise Rise move is difficult to master, don't give up, as it'll come eventually. Once you have this move down, you have a lovely visual ambitious card phase to use. It also has many other uses; I like his application of the move within the context of a torn and restored card effect. Used as a covert move, it's also effective.
Phaedrus
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico City
212 Posts

Profile of Phaedrus
I don't think Kosby's skills as a performer are really relevant. Some people are absolutely hysterical to see perform, but don't really innovate or come up with new tricks and ideas. Some people are inventors or magical thinkers, but aren't really performers. I think the world of magic is big enough to encompass everyone, so long as they are doing what they do best. Whether or not one finds Kosby's presentation palatable, I don't think there's any question that he has made enormous contributions to the art of card magic, a fact for which we should all be grateful.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
One more thing related, kind of. Whoever can up with the bit of Jerry Andus walking on the set asking about real mind reading was/is one of the neatest bits I ever saw on a tape. Kudos to Ray if he thought that up.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2955 Posts

Profile of niva
I am mainly interested in the apple trick. Is is too difficult to do? I also liked the rubberband trick where it ends up in different sizes.
Yours,

Ivan
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
The apple trick is not difficult to do. You need a couple of supplies though. Basic supplies.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Impossibe Card Magic -Ray Kosby (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL