The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is it with Alakazam? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Since the redesign of the Alakazam website I am not so much drawn there anymore

Sad to hear that Dave has left Alakazam ... he was like fresh air for me ...
Marvelous
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of Marvelous
I was sad to see David go but Peter has given us so much over the years.

He gave us Thoughtless, V Deck, Random, Sharpie Through Card and helped with Rob Bromley bringing us Extractor.

Some of Alakazam’s latest releases might be a little underwhelming but I am still playing catch up on some of their past great effects.

Peter is also one of the nicest people I ever met. I can say only positive things about the service I’ve received over the years and the quality of the effects I’ve bought.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The last I heard of Dave Loosely was he was advertising a two man live show with Jamie Daws called the magicians or something like that . I haven’t heard anything else for a while from Dave . I am not on any social media apart from the Café so I seem to know more than most of you who are on all this platforms ? How does that work lol Gaz 😊
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Very nice and professional website.

https://www.daveloosleymagic.co.uk/
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Dave Loosley
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Dave Loosley
Hi Everyone. Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately I am no longer with Alakazam but I have not stopped creating magic and have been performing and lecturing over zoom. I have some awesome products I am looking to bring you mid to late this year via my website on the above link. I will also be filming a new YouTube show and supplying free content to my newsletter subscribers as well as recording season 2 of my podcast Loosley Speaking. I certainly have not given up magic, in fact quite the opposite. I really appreciate all of your support over the years and look forward to 2021.
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
Awesome news Dave! As I'm sure you've gathered, you've been missed from Alakazam but now we know where you are. Smile
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2526 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Good luck Dave. Very impressed by your website and looking forward to learning more about your releases later in the year.
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Wonderful to hear Dave. Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4309 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Awesome to know and good luck David, have had the pleasure of Dave's company and him fool me a fair few times, love the shop and Peter has always been Top man for me and Andy also,no complaints from me,soon as it's open I will be down.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8825 Posts

Profile of pegasus
All the best Dave. Don’t keep us waiting too long.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I am, as are so many, a big fan David and will definitely be supporting you with your future products, really looking forward to them.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4309 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
THE CREATIVE COLLECTIVE INSTANT DOWNLOAD, just purchased this and Dave and Jamie Jam some very clever ideas.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3475 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Just saved the address in my bookmark list, looking forward to more of your creativity Dave.
Like everywhere, Europe has been hit hard with COVID so businesses had to do the best they could to survive. Alakazam is a great resource and Peter a decent guy. I'll continue to support their business as they will continue to come up with commercial entertainment.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2412 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, takeachance wrote:
Just saved the address in my bookmark list, looking forward to more of your creativity Dave.
Like everywhere, Europe has been hit hard with COVID so businesses had to do the best they could to survive. Alakazam is a great resource and Peter a decent guy. I'll continue to support their business as they will continue to come up with commercial entertainment.

what the address All I find is alakazam from 10/2020
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
What address are you looking for ? Alakazams website or Dave Loosleys website ? Regards Gaz 😊
dj
View Profile
Special user
934 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, Dave Loosley wrote:
Hi Everyone. Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately I am no longer with Alakazam ...

You found your own way and that is absolutely right.

Darko
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1597 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Alakazam has some excellent effects and I get great service from them. I also give kudos to Dave for his creativity and presentations. I like Peter and I like Dave I plan on supporting both.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1202 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Alakazam has delivered excellent products and superb service in many years, and I'm sure they will continue to do that in the future. A few poor releases in 2020 is not a reason to believe otherwise. Alakazam alone is not the sole creative source behind their releases, they do rely on magicians bringing new ideas to the table as well. Alakazam will deliver their fine touches to improve effects and produce quality props, and yes they - and we - will surely miss Daves creativity in that process (Hope Paul Harris thanked him personally for the middle effect addition to Deep Clear - that turned the effect into a monster). Luckily for us, Dave keeps his commitment to magic, and I will follow him closely as well.

All the best to Mr. Nardi and Alakazam, and all the best to Dave going forward.

May 2021 be a great year in Magic, and hopefully we will meet at some real-life conventions in the last half of the year - if not earlier.

Best Wishes

Jan
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2021, magicmind wrote:
What the address All I find is alakazam from 10/2020

Look here > https://www.daveloosleymagic.co.uk/shop
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is Dave’s Deep Clear handling included now if you buy the effect ? I know it’s the biddle trick move he has added but just wanted to be clear 😉 it’s now on the the tutorial ? Regards Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is it with Alakazam? (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL