The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is it with Alakazam? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
Best wishes for the future Dave.....it would have been nice if Alakazam had at least metioned Dave leaving after all the years he worked for them. No offence but Dave brought far more to Alakazam than Andy and Harry and always asked the right questions when hosting lectures compared to the others.

Obviously I will still support the shop as they still do a great job and deserve our support.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Is Dave’s Deep Clear handling included now if you buy the effect ? I know it’s the biddle trick move he has added but just wanted to be clear 😉 it’s now on the the tutorial ? Regards Gaz 😊

Hi Gaz yes Dave’s handling is added to your account when you purchase
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, warren wrote:
Best wishes for the future Dave.....it would have been nice if Alakazam had at least metioned Dave leaving after all the years he worked for them. No offence but Dave brought far more to Alakazam than Andy and Harry and always asked the right questions when hosting lectures compared to the others.

Obviously I will still support the shop as they still do a great job and deserve our support.

Well said! Not even a mention or a thank you publicly from Mr Nardi
Doric
View Profile
Elite user
481 Posts

Profile of Doric
There is a story to it. Whether the story will ever be told, well that's for David or Alakazam to decide.

Sometimes things are best left in the past.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3366 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I've no idea what has gone on behind the scenes and I've never met Dave Loosely but I first met and have been buying effects from Peter Nardi since the 1990s and he's consistently been one of the most helpful and trustworthy magic sellers I've done business with.

I wish both of them luck going forward.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
4439 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, rowland wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Is Dave’s Deep Clear handling included now if you buy the effect ? I know it’s the biddle trick move he has added but just wanted to be clear 😉 it’s now on the the tutorial ? Regards Gaz 😊

Hi Gaz yes Dave’s handling is added to your account when you purchase

Thank you Rowland , best wishes Gaz 😊
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
826 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Does anyone perform Alakazam's Features by John Anders and would not mind giving some thoughts on it?
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I hate hearing Dave has left because Peter and Dave were a good team. They came up with some very good magic. I was always wondering why Dave was never spoken about on anything.
When I didn't see him on the Christmas Special I knew something was up. Alakazam is still my favorite dealer to deal with. Very good service.

Allen
magikmax
View Profile
New user
Scotland
62 Posts

Profile of magikmax
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, cardbiker wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, warren wrote:

Well said! Not even a mention or a thank you publicly from Mr Nardi

Peter did briefly mention it on one of the Tuesday live Facebook chats Alakazam do. He acknowledged that Dave no longer worked for Alakazam, and wished him well for the future. Definitely a loss for Alakazam.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
And yet again! A slight variation on Triple Impact, I’ll stick with the original
Kenco
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Kenco
Alakazam hasn't produce a new effects in a long while. Everything is the same concept with different props. I've moved on to other distributors others should do the same.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
996 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
A MAJOR loss indeed!
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1565 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes! I loved his copper silver trick and his easy going affable nature. Most of the online shops offer great fast service.
They need exclusive products to set them apart.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
168 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, Kenco wrote:
Alakazam hasn't produce a new effects in a long while. Everything is the same concept with different props. I've moved on to other distributors others should do the same.

Why should others do the same?

Just because they don’t please you why do you think it’s justified to encourage customers to go elsewhere. Ridiculous statement!

This place is full of trolls at the moment.
Chuds
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3475 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Probably have issues due to covid in manufacturing items presently. While one concept of a trick may not suit an individual, another does, it's called choice. I believe supporting industries in our own countries is vital presently, that also includes countries that share similar values. In case you missed it, Britain has been hit hard.
Alakazam has been solid over the years, I'll continue to view their site and purchase items that appeal to my style as I know they produce quality.
Companies have to make hard decisions to survive due to this pandemic, I'm sure Dave was one of those very hard decisions. But now you have another choice, as Dave has his website and products, double win for consumers. I wish both the best and will continue to support both into the future.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3837 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, takeachance wrote:
Probably have issues due to covid in manufacturing items presently. While one concept of a trick may not suit an individual, another does, it's called choice. I believe supporting industries in our own countries is vital presently, that also includes countries that share similar values. In case you missed it, Britain has been hit hard.
Alakazam has been solid over the years, I'll continue to view their site and purchase items that appeal to my style as I know they produce quality.
Companies have to make hard decisions to survive due to this pandemic, I'm sure Dave was one of those very hard decisions. But now you have another choice, as Dave has his website and products, double win for consumers. I wish both the best and will continue to support both into the future.

Very well said.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
580 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
I received a sort of self-congratulatory email from Alakazam (they won some kind of dealer award), no mention of Dave's contribution.
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is it with Alakazam? (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL