The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gummy Rabbit - Matt Mello (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is one of the cutest tricks I’ve ever seen

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14903

It reminds me of Paul Harris’s “Little Man” but much more organic and practical. Certainly not a block-buster effect but in the right place and right time, perfect.

I would probably use this with the Jerx’s presentation for “Little Man.” It’s not mine to discuss, but that presentation gives a wonderful framework for the “why” and the explains the stop-motion like movement.

Madison
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
Cute! I am not a fan of taking something out of the mouth, having it do something, then back into the mouth.... sanitary times. However, I am thinking it could be scripted without the hand to mouth routine... perhaps, chewing up some gum disposing into a box that looks like a miniature rabbit cage - then showing the little guy! Just a thought. Looks really cute, love the movement. Kids will go crazy!
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Id prefer it if you put a little hat and shoes on the guy to have him 'walk' across a bag that held a can he was stored in.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for posting about this Madison! Glad you like the look of it.

dbaltes1520 - Agreed this isn’t the best timing for live performances. Thankfully it doesn’t require cards to be picked or audience participation, making it a perfect visual miracle to perform over Zoom or on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok etc until we can start performing more often in real life. And I can confirm kids absolutely love it, and even women have gushed over how adorable it is. When it then comes to life, they lose it!
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
Gulp! I like the little hat and shoes idea! In my shopping cart now! I have a few children shows coming this summer - once things settle down and we can perform live! Thank you for your confirmation!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Yikes. Not really sure what else to say. This will probably battle it out with the multiplying sponge poop emoji for trick of the yr.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Looks pretty good to me.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
This looks great!!!!
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, dbaltes1520 wrote:
Gulp! I like the little hat and shoes idea! In my shopping cart now! I have a few children shows coming this summer - once things settle down and we can perform live! Thank you for your confirmation!

Obviously he/she was referring to Paul Harris's Little Man...
dbaltes1520
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of dbaltes1520
My bad....got me caught up with the don't swallow the magic post...
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
My grandchildren will love this, is anyone in the UK going to be stocking it?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
That was cute I wonder if you can chage the wrapper interior to another color ? This way the rabbit & the animation will pop out & show up better.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Roblane - Currently, I’m selling Gummy Rabbit exclusively through Penguin. If it continues to sell well, I’ll likely keep selling it through them. But if things slow down and I have a batch of stock left, I will likely send it off to Murphy’s to distribute to various shops.

Tophatter - In person, the contrast on the wrapper isn’t a big deal, but I’m not sure of any brands that have different colors on the inside. I know FIVE gum has unique wrapper colors on the outside, but I believe they’re also white on the inside. You could always place it directly onto the pack of gum, but you would probably have to finger palm in the gimmick.
jhottub123
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jhottub123
Just bought this from Penguin.. Really can't wait.. I'm performing for my 2nd grader's classroom in a few weeks and really wanted this for the kids!
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
Gross. And the timing is impeccable. Let’s teach our young ones about sanitation, shall we?
aLittleMentalist
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, aLittleMentalist wrote:
Gross. And the timing is impeccable. Let’s teach our young ones about sanitation, shall we?

I think the kids are going to LOVE this! And yes, what an awesome way to help teach the kids about sanitation- right after you perform the effect (they will be excited and focused on you), you can elaborate to the kids how important it is to make sure to clean your hands thoroughly, pull out some hand sanitizer and clean away! Heck, you can even demonstrate and stress the importance of cleansing before you remove the rabbit from your mouth.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
Regular user
Skagway, Alaska
113 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2021, aLittleMentalist wrote:

I think the kids are going to LOVE this! And yes, what an awesome way to help teach the kids about sanitation- right after you perform the effect (they will be excited and focused on you), you can elaborate to the kids how important it is to make sure to clean your hands thoroughly, pull out some hand sanitizer and clean away! Heck, you can even demonstrate and stress the importance of cleansing before you remove the rabbit from your mouth.

They may well love it but we’re going to have to agree to disagree that this is a good tool to teach kiddos proper sanitation technique. In my opinion, this will encourage children to pull nasty bits of gun out of their mouth to try to animate it. Not the best idea when we’re trying to squash a pandemic. But that’s just me.
aLittleMentalist
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
When I was growing up at school they had a no chewing gum policy when I asked the teacher why we cannot chew gum in school she said because you kids always throw your chewing gum into other students hair.. there are just some things you do not have to teach children to do they will do it on their own with that being said I think this is a great little effect and can be used as a teaching tool if done properly.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
What flavors does it come in? 🤣

Looks really cool Matt.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Matt do you know if the color is like that revelation gum so I could do two tricks with a mouth sw****?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gummy Rabbit - Matt Mello (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL