The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool Magic Convention 2021 is ON! (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
This is my first year missing after 24 consecutive years of going . At least I will save a couple of thousand pounds , that's the only positive Gaz 😊

The exact reason I’ve never been Gaz. Lol
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Any update on dates or times?
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
I have never missed a year in 23 so if anything is planned for virtual day I’m in!
Chuds
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pretty much the same as me Chuds but I will wait for the next live one next year as I think virtual magic effects are rubbish in general and certainly not what I ever want to perform or promote Gaz 😊
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
I had this one on the list to go to in 2021. Had hoped to tie it in with some business travel while there. Will plan on 2022.
Ron Spangler
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Pretty much the same as me Chuds but I will wait for the next live one next year as I think virtual magic effects are rubbish in general and certainly not what I ever want to perform or promote Gaz 😊

I agree. Scraping the barrel springs to mind.
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:

I agree. Scraping the barrel springs to mind.

Not so sure on that point Pelagius If the guys are offering to put on a lecture or dealer dem then all good for me. Now it doesn’t match being there in person but what else are you going to do?
It’s great that they are making a effort!

Enjoy the weekend

Ian.
Chuds
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
My only interest in Zoom is the brilliant song in 1982 by Fat Larry’s Band . I have absolutely no interest in virtual magic and particularly effects sold for that purpose . I will perform for real people and go to real Blackpool conventions like I always have when they start again . I am not that desperate to perform inferior magic just for the sake of performing magic , good things are worth waiting for Imo Gaz 😊
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
My only interest in Zoom is the brilliant song in 1982 by Fat Larry’s Band . I have absolutely no interest in virtual magic and particularly effects sold for that purpose . I will perform for real people and go to real Blackpool conventions like I always have when they start again . I am not that desperate to perform inferior magic just for the sake of performing magic , good things are worth waiting for Imo Gaz 😊

I know the song really well, I love it. But Gaz why don’t you feel the love of a virtual day out?
Grab a few plastic glasses of lager and turn the lap top on and enjoy the free show... bit like the Spanish bar, you have been to the Spanish bar haven’t you?
Chuds
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Lol Doric 😂😂 , I thought no one noticed . Sure I will miss it and of course I love the Spanish bar and you are right I could still watch the lectures so it does offer some value . I just have never been interested in virtual magic performances but I can see a lecture being helpful but I have a feeling they will be concentrating on tricks you can do on zoom so I am happy to have a year off and go to the real thing ( another great band back in the day ) hopefully next year . I hope you all enjoy it though and that I see some of you in person next year and have a few real pints together Gaz 😊
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Would love to sink a few pints with you Gaz. Your posts here always make me smile. 😀
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That’s a deal then Gaz 👍😊
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of corindaman
It has gone very quiet , is it still going ahead?
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Gaz I have just re read my post above, didn’t mean it to sound rude mate....it’s not how I typed it, obviously too much wine lol

and I agree with Doric, next convention lets grab a beer or two!

Regards Ian.
Chuds
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I didn’t take any offence at all Ian and yes we will catch up and have a good few beers at next years one fingers crossed Gaz 😊
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, corindaman wrote:

BMC put a message on the Convention Facebook page today advising that due to ongoing Covid restrictions in the UK, they are currently unable to put on the planned virtual event from the Winter Gardens, and will update us with the date and time as soon as they can.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, magikmax wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, corindaman wrote:

BMC put a message on the Convention Facebook page today advising that due to ongoing Covid restrictions in the UK, they are currently unable to put on the planned virtual event from the Winter Gardens, and will update us with the date and time as soon as they can.

Saves us for weeks of this was the trick of the Convention posts

Or the usual BS from the dealers that took along 3 packages or a so so trick

And advising it as a “ Sell out at Blackpool “
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
But, that's one of the best bits JackMagic. 😀
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2021, Doric wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Surprised it’s not been postponed until the summer when we begin to see a relaxation of rules.

You're optimistic! Smile

I was, of course, right and this could easily go ahead from June 21 onward. Festivals have been given the green light too. 25,000,000 vaccinated in the U.K. now.
PaulAF
View Profile
New user
Cambridgeshire
3 Posts

Profile of PaulAF
Hi just "attended" the BMC virtual convention. 6pm until 9.30 ish and it was great! All live performances from the Winter Gardens with John Archer interviewing after. I have never attended BMC but have always wanted to and now probably will.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool Magic Convention 2021 is ON! (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL