We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bubble Thought by Adam Elbaum (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Adam Elbaum
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Adam Elbaum
PatrickGregoire The reason they didn't show version 2 in the trailer is because technically it's an outcome that occurs a little less than 50% of the time, so it's somewhat circumstantial. You always have the option to perform version 1
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
876 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2021, Adam Elbaum wrote:
PatrickGregoire The reason they didn't show version 2 in the trailer is because technically it's an outcome that occurs a little less than 50% of the time, so it's somewhat circumstantial. You always have the option to perform version 1

I'm assuming that version 2 is what happens if... the spectator picks the "other" card. Which is definitely something I'm curious about. I've told myself I'm not buying anything else in January, but this may be my first February purchase.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Regular user
UK
119 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Thanks for taking the time to answer questions, Adam. I took the plunge yesterday. The quality of trick, tuition and instructions (especially for just £13) is really impressive. Wish everyone had the high quality control standards of Vanishing Inc. I’ve dropped £30-£40 on other supposedly genius Zoom works, only to be pretty underwhelmed. Also loved the little call back to Awe-Struck. You realise this now has to be a thread running throughout your releases, right?
Lichtagent
View Profile
New user
Bochum - Germany - Old World
18 Posts

Profile of Lichtagent
@Adam - Thanks for this great routine...

This is the first "virtual" trick I really see myself performing!

All those other, sleep-inducing procedural or constructed plots aren't anything I really liked and I rather fell back to manipulations with all the benefits of perfect angles, but your fresh approach is really worth performing!

Keep on the good work and stay safe!

Christian
Adam Elbaum
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Adam Elbaum
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2021, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Adam. I took the plunge yesterday. The quality of trick, tuition and instructions (especially for just £13) is really impressive. Wish everyone had the high quality control standards of Vanishing Inc. I’ve dropped £30-£40 on other supposedly genius Zoom works, only to be pretty underwhelmed. Also loved the little call back to Awe-Struck. You realise this now has to be a thread running throughout your releases, right?

Thanks for the kind words and I'm so glad you appreciate it. I love that you recognized the Post It note theme in my work, apparently it's my milieu, hahah.
Adam Elbaum
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Adam Elbaum
Quote:
All those other, sleep-inducing procedural or constructed plots aren't anything I really liked and I rather fell back to manipulations with all the benefits of perfect angles, but your fresh approach is really worth performing!

Keep on the good work and stay safe!

Thank you so much. I agree I have not found appreciation for most of the math/dealing based tricks out there. This is very much in line with the style of magic I like to perform in person. Hope to meet you at a convention some day.
Jon Strum
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Jon Strum
Adam, Thank you for releasing the best virtual effect that I've seen all year. I'll risk echoing what's already been said -- the lack of what sometimes feels like endless procedure really sets this apart. And I equally appreciate the detailed instructions. You haven't missed a beat!

What's next???
"Do you like card tricks?" he asked.
I said no. He did five.
Adam Elbaum
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Adam Elbaum
Echo away, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the overwhelmingly positive response this has gotten.

Quote:
What's next???

Funny you should ask ;-)
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4182 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Picked this up just to support Adam and glad I did. A really nice release with over an hour of teaching, tips and variations that make this a real winner.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Thought I would offer my two cents:

This is a great effect for virtual shows, you can also present it live in person, but I think its best to do it online.

As Adam mentioned, there are 2 versions, the easy version, and the alternate version.

I don't necessarily prefer one over the other, but each person will pick and choose which one they want to explore and try out.

I have added a subtlety that is credited to Ben Earl, that I will run by Adam tomorrow.

It doesn't deter away from the effect, but it changes it slightly, but in the mind of the spectator it still feels like the same effect.

I think people will have a lot of fun with this, because you can focus on your presentation, regardless if you do version 1 or 2.

Most of you might know Adam from his Penguin Live lecture, or Awe Struck.

Another great release from Adam, and something that most of you might want to try out in your next zoom show or meet up with friends online, or even show someone halfway across the world. All they need is a deck of cards, and you are set to blow some minds.

Thanks Adam

Another home run.

Will send you the video of the subtlety ASAP, so if you want you can share with the group, or allow me to do so.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
strategus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of strategus
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2021, Adam Elbaum wrote:
Most often I only ask 1 question, but it would only ever be 1 no. There's a lot more going on than you realize most likely, which is why there's not a bunch of questions. Also version 2 (not shown in the trailer, is much stronger and could not be back tracked).

I love the presented version, so if that's the usual outcome, this looks like a winner to me.

What is the basic plot with the "stronger" version (that happens less than 50% of the time)? Does it still involve the Post-It note?

Thanks,
S.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey Adam,

Sorry I havent sent you the video.

I will try and do so today.

I have been busy working on the CoronaVirus vials for Pfizer/Moderna, and am traveling to the US next week for a month.

Anyway, I will share with you my thoughts soon.

I did share the subtley with a Café member, and he said it was fantastic.

It is another alternative to what you offer on the download.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2267 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just bought this, wow, I love it! Perfectly suited over Zoom or Facetime. Adam's a great teacher, the tutorial is very well done. I actually prefer the easy version with Adam's tip for extra fooling using the easy version.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of academy
I would like to add some clarifications about the so-called versions explained in Bubble Thought.

There are 2 versions explained in the download. An EASY VERSION and an ADVANCED VERSION. Both versions require a gaffed deck. The gaff deck for the EASY VERSION is different from the gaffed deck required for the ADVANCED VERSION. This means you cannot choose which version you want to perform with the same deck.

In the EASY VERSION the spectator selects a card while you are riffling the deck while in the ADVANCED VERSION the spectator selects a card while you are fanning the deck.

The ADVANCED VERSION can lead to 2 POSSIBLE SCENARIOS.

In the FIRST SCENARIO (which is the most likely) the spectator cuts his deck to the card you are thinking of and you cut your deck to the card the spectator is thinking of.

In the SECOND SCENARIO, which is the miracle scenario, two different things happen. First, you and the spectator are thinking of the same card. Second, you and the spectator cut to the same card (which is different from the card you were thinking of).

What you see in the trailer is the FIRST SCENARIO of the ADVANCED VERSION.

Hope this helps.

Adam Elbaum
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Adam Elbaum
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
I just bought this, wow, I love it! Perfectly suited over Zoom or Facetime. Adam's a great teacher, the tutorial is very well done. I actually prefer the easy version with Adam's tip for extra fooling using the easy version.

So glad you like it!
strategus
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of strategus
Thanks!!! That helps a lot. Might have to pull the trigger on buying this... though I noticed the price went up from $15 to $18 within the past couple of days???

Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, academy wrote:
I would like to add some clarifications about the so-called versions explained in Bubble Thought.

There are 2 versions explained in the download. An EASY VERSION and an ADVANCED VERSION. Both versions require a gaffed deck. The gaff deck for the EASY VERSION is different from the gaffed deck required for the ADVANCED VERSION. This means you cannot choose which version you want to perform with the same deck.

In the EASY VERSION the spectator selects a card while you are riffling the deck while in the ADVANCED VERSION the spectator selects a card while you are fanning the deck.

The ADVANCED VERSION can lead to 2 POSSIBLE SCENARIOS.

In the FIRST SCENARIO (which is the most likely) the spectator cuts his deck to the card you are thinking of and you cut your deck to the card the spectator is thinking of.

In the SECOND SCENARIO, which is the miracle scenario, two different things happen. First, you and the spectator are thinking of the same card. Second, you and the spectator cut to the same card (which is different from the card you were thinking of).

What you see in the trailer is the FIRST SCENARIO of the ADVANCED VERSION.

Hope this helps.

Adam Elbaum
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Adam Elbaum
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2021, strategus wrote:
Thanks!!! That helps a lot. Might have to pull the trigger on buying this... though I noticed the price went up from $15 to $18 within the past couple of days???

I believe they adjusted the pricing of all downloads etc on the site.
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
305 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Hi. I purchased this and love it! Wondering what the subtlety is though? Can you pls share either here or PM? Would really appreciate it! Thanks. A/

Quote:
On Jan 28, 2021, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey Adam,

Sorry I havent sent you the video.

I will try and do so today.

I have been busy working on the CoronaVirus vials for Pfizer/Moderna, and am traveling to the US next week for a month.

Anyway, I will share with you my thoughts soon.

I did share the subtley with a Café member, and he said it was fantastic.

It is another alternative to what you offer on the download.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Pmed you.
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
305 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Good thinking Alex!

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2021, BMWGuy wrote:
Pmed you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bubble Thought by Adam Elbaum (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL