The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver dollar sized copper coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Does anyone know of any currently available silver dollar sized copper coins?

Sudbury pennies haven't really been available since 1965 or so and are very expensive to acquire these days, so...

I need about five or six of them, so expense is a factor.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
They’re generally referred to as “copper rounds,” so Googling that term should bring up a number of options.

They are available in a wide range of variants, subject/artwork-wise. “St. Gaudens” copper rounds seem pretty common and popular. Try Googling that term, too.

Cheap, too, at less than two bucks apiece.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I think these will do nicely. Thanks Karnak!

I seem to remember someone mentioning a Vietnamese coin some time back too, but I haven't been able to find any info on that little snipe either....
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Also.... Just searching for copper rounds really opens up a huge rabbit hole of internet weirdness! LOL
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I bought 5 dollar size copper bullion coins from eBay. They were all silver dollar size.

Here is an example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163249446461
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Those coins are pretty nice, Rick. Thanks!
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Tango uses
https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-oz-copper-rounds-bars/
if you want to get a copper/silver set with three extra coins

One problem is a troy oz of copper is bigger than a standard US Ike dollar so you need to keep in mind the shell or coin box may not fit.
A US Silver Eagle size box used to be made but hard to find.

Smile Smile Smile
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I second Rick's recommendation. I have both the Tiger-Tan coins and the Kingdom coins. Both are beautiful and are the same size as my silver Morgan dollars. I also have some copper 39 mm Morgan replicas from Rings n Things and I really like them as well but they are currently out of stock it seems. By comparing them together I just realized the Tiger-Tan and Kingdom coins are an exact size match for one of my uncirculated silver Morgans. The 39 mm Rings n Things Morgan replica is just slightly larger than my actual silver Morgan.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Another trivially minor problem I'm having, finding copper coins, is that my Morgans are slightly smaller than standard size from being shaved to fit a sh***

Ah! The problems we have when using Todd Lassen products... 🤣
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Silver dollar sized copper coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL