The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » A Magic Book Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Do any of you own a copy of Hyla Clark's THE WORLD'S GREATEST MAGIC (1976) which has been autographed by some of the magicians featured in this book? It was issued as a special "autographed edition" and I think was issued in a slipcase. I have an advertisement for this special edition in my files, and it appears that about 500 copies were issued in this format. So they aren't rare. I'm looking to purchase a copy as well, but mostly I am curious to know how many of you have a copy. Many thanks in advance! Clay
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Michael Canick currently has a copy on his website (canick.com) for $750.00.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I did a quick search on the Advanced Book Exchange database and found about 45 copies of this book, with a top price of $50. See http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear......sortby=1

Of course, none of them are autographed. But it looks like you may pay dearly for that additional feature (as is usually the case). SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3724 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have one that the previous owner had signed, it's not the ISSUED deluxe version, but he did a good job of getting some nice signatures in it.

Steve Thomas
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Thanks to all who have replied. Perhaps somebody will reply who owns a copy! Smile Strange since 500 autographed copies were supposed to have been done.

To David Charvet:

Thanks for heads up on the Hyla Clark book (that copy I was aware of). You may not know this, but I've just published the first number of The Historians' Guide to Conjuring (Redux). This number is on Eddie Dawes' books, among other things. Won't bore you with further details if this is not your cup of tea, but the point in writing you is that I'd like to get a bibliographically accurate account of the magic history books you have done. I have several of them, but not all. Plese e-mail me at ch***shevlin[at]sbc***global[dot].net with a "hello" message and I'll write to you (delete the "***" and use the "@" and "." as called for in my e-mail address). Thanks, Clay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » A Magic Book Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL