The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SUMMIT by Patrick Kun and Abstract Effects ("It's the trick of the year for me." -Ekaterina) (160 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..22~23~24 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
"Absolutely genius - a true piece of magic!"
- Piff the Magic Dragon

"Summit is fire! It's early into 2021, but it's the trick of the year for me."
-Ekaterina (Ekat Magic)

From the minds of Patrick Kun, The Other Brothers & Abstract Effects --comes a thought of card to Sharpie unlike anything you have EVER seen!
Even includes a routine and method for ONLINE performances.

Keep the Sharpie in view the ENTIRE time.

At last, a thought of card to Sharpie that has NO card switches, NO sharpie switches, and a PRACTICAL yet mind-blowing method.
https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=66618
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Whatever the copy says I suspect a limited card choice. It’s nice to know how limited if several people see this at a party and compare notes
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I mean, it's either, basically, "Inferno" inside a Sharpie, or it's some variation of an Instagrab/ind*x kind of effect. Would be nice if the trailer was a bit more upfront in describing the trick.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
That's a big statement from Ekat. Therefore I'm interested, despite the fact that the Other Brothers are involved.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Couldn’t you simply convert your own sharpie and stick a rolled up card inside and perform your favourite card force routine?
Smile
evkatz
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of evkatz
The video says no deck in play, no equivoque. Without an equivoque or a deck, not sure how it can be a force. Unless they're defining equivoque very specifically, which is possible. And of course it's possible, probably likely, that there's another way to force I'm not thinking of!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s the other brothers so say no more. The advertisement blurb is total BS.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I can’t wait to see how this plays out.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Just watched the trailer...what it shows looks amazing..but need to see a full performance..
Open up your mind
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of Open up your mind
It claims that they only name the card after you have removed it from the sharpie lid, but if so why is the sharpie necessary? Is it possible that this is some kind of ind*x that loads into the sharpie lid and you gain knowledge of the card before they say it through fishing? If you have no knowledge of the card until after you’ve removed it from the sharpie lid it almost seems too good to be true. It would be interesting to get some reviews on this.
Jonathan1000
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of Jonathan1000
The trailer says "Everything you see in the full performance is exactly what it looks like in real life."

That's not even remotely reassuring given that they haven't provided a full performance.

The trailer also says: "You ask the spectator to GENERATE a random playing card..." That sure sounds like some kind of process is involved.
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals." -- Homer Simpson
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Jonathan1000 wrote:
The trailer says "Everything you see in the full performance is exactly what it looks like in real life."

That's not even remotely reassuring given that they haven't provided a full performance.

The trailer also says: "You ask the spectator to GENERATE a random playing card..." That sure sounds like some kind of process is involved.

Bingo.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Couldn’t you simply convert your own sharpie and stick a rolled up card inside and perform your favourite card force routine?
Smile

Exactly.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
The fact that the face of the selected card is never shown throughout the entire trailer suggests that the 'generated' selection is very limited. We would no doubt see the same card a few times in those 'performances'.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Regarding Summit according to the Magic Shop of San Diego email...

Questions I know you will have right away:

Can it be any card? NO
Is it self-working? NO
Any switches? NO
End clean? NO

Overall this is great. It has some limitations but what magic doesn’t?
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
It's never a good sign when the trailer is shot in such a way that you see so little of the effect.
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
131 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Hey everyone!

https://youtu.be/h3jZ1JDa2yM

I hope my review answers some questions you all have!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Tyler Smile
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
This is from the MJM email about the effect:

"Now, I know what you're probably thinking. "That's easy. They forced them to pick that specific card, and it always has to be that same card." I hate to say you're wrong, but....."You're wrong!" You don't have to do any complicated force to have them think of a specific card. You just tell them to think of a card that they feel represents themselves, and that's pretty much it!

It could be the Queen of Hearts. It could be the King of Spades. That card will be in the sharpie pen!"

___

I can guarantee you that if you ask a woman for "a card that they feel represents themselves" and she says the Queen of Hearts and you remove it from the sharpie, the only thing people will think is "that must be what every woman names" because that's the obvious solution to the effect. Only a magician wouldn't understand that.

I would like to know exactly how limited the revelations are. Are there four possibilities? 8? All the face cards? I could possibly find other uses for this but asking them to name a card that represents them is useless unless they can say "the two of spades" or something completely random.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I’m guessing it’s limited to just the court cards.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2021, Phatmeat wrote:
I’m guessing it’s limited to just the court cards.

That would actually be great. My concern is that it's less than that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » SUMMIT by Patrick Kun and Abstract Effects ("It's the trick of the year for me." -Ekaterina) (160 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..22~23~24 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL