The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hip Hop Magician version 2.0 by Chance Wolf (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Wolfs Magic has *finally* rereleased its best-selling effect, the 'Hip Hop Magician' (now version 2.0), Chance Wolf's marvelous and splendidly colorful take on the Hippity Hop Rabbits.

This is the third version of Chance's wonderful effect. There's the original (uncertain of the year), then the improved version (2006) and now version 2.0.

Here's the improved version (2006):

This is the new version 2.0, just release for sale today:

From Wolfs Magic Facebook page:

I've been waiting quite awhile to order this gorgeous set of props. You can order a set for yourself too. Get them before they are sold out again!

https://wolfsmagic.com/wolfsmagichomepag......ian-2-0/

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Stage version.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Yeah, that caught my eye as well. Apparently there are magicians that use Hippity Hop Rabbits for table hopping.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
Yeah, that caught my eye as well. Apparently there are magicians that use Hippity Hop Rabbits for table hopping.

Haha, very bunny.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
To be honest I would be interested in this if they were slightly smaller I just don't want to carry around that size of hip hop in my show. But these are very nice I just wish they made them in a smaller version.

Good magic to all,

Eric
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I like the idea of pushing the 2 plaques together to form a single picture, but other than that I’m not sure I wouldn’t prefer a nice set of the good ol’ bunny rabbits.

This seems like something to appeal to magicians more so than their audiences and appears to “solve problems” that don’t really exist. I mean if there was a lot of fumbling in your performance of the standard version and it didn’t make sense to the kids then I don’t think you should blame the props.

Chance puts out some great stuff and is probably the best artist in magic. He’s updated many effects and kicked them up many notches but I think he missed the boat with this one.

I mean, c’mon, this is an effect for kids shows and they would probably enjoy the classic bunnies more than this version.

$425! Wow! I think I paid $25 for my deluxe bunny version. Granted that was in 1976 😃 and a small fortune for me at the time. Had to deliver a lot of papers to come up with that kind of money!

Okay, I admit it, I stopped being a fan of these so called “sucker” effects around the turn of the century. But I always admire Chance's artwork, he does absolutely beautiful work and I love it.
His taste in music, not so much.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
To be honest I would be interested in this if they were slightly smaller I just don't want to carry around that size of hip hop in my show. But these are very nice I just wish they made them in a smaller version.

Good magic to all,

Eric

The second round of his production of the improved (magnetic) version several years ago was also issued in a smaller--approximately 7 inches X 3 1/2 inches--"close-up" size.
Maybe he will at some point reissue this size...?

Julie
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, videoman wrote:
I mean, c’mon, this is an effect for kids shows and they would probably enjoy the classic bunnies more than this version.

I won't be performing this for children. The magician and his assistant will get racy names and I'll be weaving an adult and, hopefully, humorous story. The fact that Chance's design is completely different (than Hippity Hop Rabbits) is the biggest reason I'm excited to own these probs. Well, that and the fact that they are simply gorgeous.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, Julie wrote: The second round of his production of the improved (magnetic) version several years ago was also issued in a smaller--approximately 7 inches X 3 1/2 inches--"close-up" size.
Maybe he will at some point reissue this size...?

Julie

If Chance rereleases the Micro version again, I'll probably end up buying that too.

Mark
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
I have Chance's original mini version and love everything about it!

R.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2021, Robert Houdin 78 wrote:
I have Chance's original mini version and love everything about it!

R.

Agreed. I have this one too- its a keeper!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I don't know how many sets of the new 2.0 version were made, but the Wolfs Magic website shows that there are only 5 sets left before they are sold out once again.

Mark
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2706 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks for alerting here, Mark. Very nice of you.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Julie thank you for letting me know that I appreciate it also I hope it will be made in that size again I will definitely pick one up for sure.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Based on a photo that I saw earlier today, it appears that Chance & Shelly made 24 sets of the new Hip Hop Magician 2.0. According to their website they were down to 5 left this morning. I know at least one of those sold earlier this morning.

I don't know if they plan to make any more sets, but I wouldn't hesitate any longer if this is something you want to add to your collection.

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
According to their website, only 3 left this morning!

Mark
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
According to their website, only 3 left this morning!

Mark

I don't accuse anyone of falsehoods, and Chance I believe is an honorable man. I do know that numbers of limited quantities are posted to create a "call to action" and sense of immediacy; it's basic marketing. Disney was the king (or queen) of this during their VHS heyday. I also see a lot of "we sold out quickly, so we're offering a second round." I know what Wolf Magic products I want, and when I get an email saying they've got a new product, or rereleasing an older product I go ahead and take the plunge. When it comes to quality producers like Chance, I say, "if you want it, get it."
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I received my 'Hip Hop Magician' set today. Wow, wow, WOW! Talk about QUALITY materials and FANTASTIC attention-to-detail construction! These things are build supremely well and look absolutely gorgeous! Easily, one of the finest magic props I've ever purchased.

I think I will be investing in some additional Wolf Magic props in the future!

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Hip Hop Magician 2.0 is now listed as out of stock at the Wolf Magic site.

Mark
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
The new Micro Hip Hop Magician 2.0 is now available directly from Wolfs Magic and it is indeed a beauty!

Absolutely love it and will be performing it mostly for adults. You can do that with this set! Of course, suitable for children as well.

Another fantastic release from them! Highly recommended!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hip Hop Magician version 2.0 by Chance Wolf (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL