The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Also, mine came with one black filter, which hides everything well. You can faintly see an indentation of the circle cutout, but it's barely noticeable. In fact, I didn't notice it until someone else pointed it out in this forum. At any rate, I think John's suggested handling above takes care of this. Have something in the outside plastic pocket beforehand (a banknote or the symbols/numbers/letters card that comes with the wallet), and when you pull it out, the spectator's attention will naturally move away from the wallet and onto the banknote/card that you are describing. Also, after getting the peek, I casually show the peek side of the wallet, and then place the wallet nonpeek-side up onto the spectator's hand (using a kind of mindreading-as-psychometry premise a la Dee Christopher).

I'm very curious to hear side-by-side comparisons of the Thought Transmitter Pro V3 and the Mastermind Wallet.

Thanks!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
Surfing the net I actually found another version of this! It appears to be a USB chargeable battery. But considering the name and price point, I wouldn't expect much, haha.

https://www.amazon.com/Doowops-Predictio......&sr=1-30

I definitely wouldn't get my hopes up! ;o)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
All you do is put a yellow post it note on the white pad inside an and identical post it note on its opposing side on the inside .That clears up any any issues of seeing through it with the light off . That’s with TT1 or The mastermind or Thought Reader wallets Gaz 😊
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
Surfing the net I actually found another version of this! It appears to be a USB chargeable battery.

Maybe a good buy to bring TT#1 back to life ...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
You can easy make the peek area larger with a craft knife too if you wish . However the mastermind comes with a much larger cut out than TT1 anyway Gaz 😊
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We stock both so whichever you like we have.

MaterMind www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......r-wallet

Thought Transmitter Pro www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/57372

Each have their fors and against so it really is personal choice.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Jbond207
View Profile
New user
Mount Vernon, IN
59 Posts

Profile of Jbond207
I have owned and used the original Thought Transmitter since it first came out. With the release of the newest version I thought I might share my handling in case someone is interested.

Since I have the original version (which still works but is getting a little “dark”) I have the spectator write down the word, number,etc. on a post-it note. Actually, I usually just draw a circle on the clear plastic pocket inside with a dry erase marker and ask the volunteer to write in the circle. I ask the person to write down what she is thinking with the notion that we write it down because in the past people have forgotten, changed their mind etc.  I casually mention that I don’t want to touch the wallet so I ask her to just drop the wallet into the bag I am holding (which happens to be a clear ziplock type bag). They close the wallet and drop it into the clear bag. I then seal it and wrap it all up with a rubber band and give it to someone else to hold.  I then “read their mind” and have the 2nd person to open the wallet to verify.  Has always worked great and they are left with the impression that I never touched the wallet, which is basically true. I have used it to get the name of a person or a number. If it is a number I usually ask them to write a two digit number and then use a “Magic Square” to reveal their number.
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2021, dyoung wrote:
If the wallet is held properly, the leakage shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe for you. For me, it's a huge issue when the product can't be used as it is in the explanation video. If I were to use nearly any of the p***s shown on the video, it will bleed light right into the wrong places. Cant get the p*** while dropping it into my pocket, as the light shows surprisingly bright in the darkness of a jacket, and if I use the wallet to point at their hand for that p***, it shines right onto the table, or their actual hand. This is just two examples, but I could go on.

Now, let me be clear. I will still use the wallet, but I won't be able to use it the way they teach in the video. That's my only problem with the product.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
I don't know how they teach it in the video. But it does sound like its to bright for its own good. Did it come with one or two filters?
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, Saturn UK wrote:
We stock both so whichever you like we have.

MaterMind www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......r-wallet

Thought Transmitter Pro www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/57372

Each have their fors and against so it really is personal choice.

haha, the mastermind trailer must be amongst the best trailers I ever watched, so much fun !! This much creativity deserves to be rewarded, so I couldn't help but add another peek wallett to my collection lol
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Exactly agree with the mastermind trailer it’s what you would want with a wallet that James Bond feel beautifully done Gaz 😊
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
"Magic Makers" and "Creativity" (or "originality" for that matter), is not two words you often hear together Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No very true Dan , but Rob Stiff certainly makes great trailers . The prediction is another effect that is certainly not theirs but Rob again does a wonderful performance Gaz 😊
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2021, dyoung wrote:
I don't know how they teach it in the video. But it does sound like its to bright for its own good. Did it come with one or two filters?

I've heard it comes with two filters, but mine has only one. Also, they use a red light because it's supposed to shed less noticeable light (same reason lots of police choose to use a red dome light in their cruisers), but it seems to be a poor choice, as it doesn't accomplish what they intended. It is still far too bright. Plus the previously mentioned leakage of light. I'm going to try my best to make some modifications to the wallet to stop the leakage. Hopefully I can get it to where I can use it as intended.
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I’m almost interested In the first Version. Although I’m slightly confused on if it’s a good product with a minor discrepancy ( bright light ) or if it’s just the better of the 3 versions out
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
900 Posts

Profile of dyoung
When I used to sell them they initially had 2, and then they downgraded to 1 filter. Which 1) Makes it unnecessarily bright, and 2) makes the special area obvious, in normal indoor light you didn't even need to turn it on Smile I really had hoped they would've fixed that.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Curiosity got the better of me, and I went ahead and picked up the Mastermind Wallet by Magic Makers. The quality is slightly better than the Thought Transmitter Pro V3, and I appreciate that the peek window is just a little bigger. Plus, it's more wallet-like, whereas the Thought Transmitter is a packet-trick wallet.

But I definitely prefer the Thought Transmitter Pro V3. For one thing, I think the red light in the Thought Transmitter is a bit subtler than the white light in the Mastermind Wallet (I have not experienced the leakage that others have described). I also prefer business cards to sticky notes. Finally, the Thought Transmitter has an additional plastic pocket on the peek window. This is convenient for two reasons. First, you can hold a business card, a banknote, the Thought Transmitter symbols card, etc. in that pocket, which gives the peek window a function and makes it seem way less suspicious (needless to say, you would incorporate the card or banknote into the routine). Second, because of this additional pocket, the inserted card won't disturb or damage the filter. By contrast, there is no additional pocket on the peek window of the Mastermind. I worry that inserting a card into the peek window could disturb or damage the filter. Yet, if I choose not to insert a card, or insert a card behind the filter, the peek window looks unnatural. Perhaps this is just "magician thinking." But I can already hear my wife: "what's the deal with that window?!" ;o)

All of this is fairly minor, but I figured I would share my two cents. In all likelihood, I'll end up using both wallets. But if I had to choose just one, I'd take the Thought Transmitter Pro V3.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
P.S. I just tried to insert my TTP symbols card in front of the filter on the MMW, and it made the card look yellow. If the card is inserted behind the filter, you cannot see it, which raises suspicion since ID windows in normal wallets are not opaque. Again, I think the TTP solves this problem with the additional pocket.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
The last thing I'll say is this: you can get the MMW for $30 on Amazon, which is $10 cheaper than the TTP. However, the TTP comes with a one-hour tutorial that includes several routines. In my opinion, the tutorial is worth the extra $10.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have black business cards with the writing in white . Therefore I have a clear business card printed with my details in white which sits perfectly in the mastermind and looks all
the time like I have one of my genuine black business cards in their for the whole routine including getting the peek . I am assuming this would still work with the TTV3 ? Can anyone advise , thank you Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Transmitter Pro V3 by John Cornelius (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL