The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Properties of Q Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Special user
980 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi, before I purchase Doug Dyment's book for this stack, can anyone please briefly list the properties of the Q stack described in the book? Thanks!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2266 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The Q Stack has no "properties" to speak of, other than it is random in appearance, but a simple algorithm relates each card to its position, and vice versa. There are no exceptions to the rule, which works identically for every card/position.

For more on the value/characteristics of algorithmic stacks, see my essay on full-deck stacks.

A photo of the Q Stack can be seen in a posting of mine in this thread.
"Calculated Thoughts" now available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
980 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks, Sir!
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2266 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Note that my aforementioned essay now also includes a link to a very clean diagram of the Q Stack.
"Calculated Thoughts" now available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Properties of Q Stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL