The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILevel Pro from Hanson Chien & Mark Helsdon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
allan31
View Profile
Regular user
everywhere
182 Posts

Profile of allan31
Hi ! After iBalance, let's go for iLevel Pro...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey6JPw-xZ3E

The trailer is great but I would like to watch how you put the phone on your fingers...Is it a secret ??? It's just a trailer which show you objects balanced on you fingers! What happened before and after ???
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
I’m surprised there isn’t more buzz about this. Was hoping someone had posted a review by now.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Let’s hope you don’t purchase directly from Elsdon.
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
I bought this from Hansion Chien directly some weeks ago and can give some input:

the trailer shows the get ready in the beginning in a speed ramp, but it is exactly what happens. Adding the gimmick to the phone happens very quick and in an unsuspicious way. It needs a little bit of practice to attach the gimmick smoothly, but there is no heat on you and you could do it slow as well as you are talking.

You get a set of different gimmicks for different phonetypes. Probably you will need only of one of them for the most common phones like iphone and new samsungs.

My only complaint is they could have provided at least two of each gimmick. They are really really cheap (not in quality) to produce and because they are very small you will loose them eventually quiet fast. Especially for that price I would have expected more.

If you like the effect you won't be dissappointed.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
As I suspected. Cheap gimmicks extortionate price. Thanks for the warning.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Is this not like iblance??
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
The effect doesn't thrill me. A puzzle at most.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 4, 2021, MeetMagicMike wrote:
The effect doesn't thrill me. A puzzle at most.

Agreed. First thought is that the performer had a couple of those sticky glue-dots attached to his finger.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On May 4, 2021, MR Effecto wrote:
Is this not like iblance??

Yes. it's an updated version for phones with lightning or usb-c ports.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Veteran user
327 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
Quote:
On May 4, 2021, pegasus wrote:

Agreed. First thought is that the performer had a couple of those sticky glue-dots attached to his finger.

Phone would be too heavy.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Not for me. Too much of a risk handling someone’s phone like that.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
If someone purchased this and decided it’s not for them let me know. I’m interested…
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Not impressed if you wanna do it use a glue dot !
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
The idea of using glue dots is on the same level using magnets for Michael Jackson's lean...not gonna work.

Acutally it is fun playing around with it and not as risky as you think. I have a large and quiet heavy phone and never dropped it when practice it. You will do a little test anyway if the gimmick sits good.

For me it is not really that much of a magic trick but a nice inbetween effect or something you should combine with other stuff. I like it.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I have the original gimmick from elmwood magic (I think). This is the update from headphone pin to USB-C, etc.

There is no way a glue dot or magnet will keep your phone or tablet horizontal. That is just silly.

This is a utility item and was demonstrated in the most basic of ways. A good story/routine should accompany its use.

I look forward to getting the new gimmick along with my Holywood order. I didn't use the original that much but when I did, it played well enough for me to want the updated version.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
YIKES!! For me it's $23 postage on top of the $30 price tag. Umm no, perhaps when it gets to Penguin
Philzimt
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Philzimt
And now there is iBalance Plus. Also from Mark Elsdon. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/15951
Any experience/opinions what the main difference is/which is better for what situation?
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Yeah weird I imagine it's to get it into more stores?
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Any idea what the difference is between the new iBalance Plus and ILevel Pro?

Logical method seems to me like you would be sticking something in the charging socket to give you leverage but still not sure how that's invisible to a spectator. Looks pretty clean in all the vids.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s definitely the most unimpressive non illusion I’ve ever seen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ILevel Pro from Hanson Chien & Mark Helsdon (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL