The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » History of the Atomic Lamp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1864 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I'm looking for information on the history of "The Atomic Lamp"--such as the identity of the person who came up with the idea of putting a battery in a standard light bulb and variations of the effect. I remember that at one time the effect was accomplished by palming a miniature flashlight behind a real light bulb. Scotty York came up with an improved version that was marketed by Tenyo as "The Ghost Lamp." There was also "Beam Shot"--a precursor of Scotty's trick.

The Atomic Lamp became very popular after the 1964 TV series "The Addams Family" premiered with Uncle Fester (played b y Jackie Coogan) lit up a light bulb in his mouth.

Thanks for any information that might lead me to learning who the originator of "The Atomic Lamp' was.

Magical regards,
Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » History of the Atomic Lamp (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL