The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crucible--Travis Higgs (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3348 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/crucib......resents/

This looks interesting. The video is vague, hard to tell just how deceptive this is.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Everything is vague. Video doesn’t show anything and ad copy is equally unclear. For $125, need way more clarity
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5486 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
Everything is vague. Video doesn’t show anything and ad copy is equally unclear. For $125, need way more clarity

Agree, this does sound interesting but everything is so vague.....
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3348 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2021, emyers99 wrote:

I agree as well. I was hoping maybe someone familiar with this could add some info.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
932 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
And if I read it right it only comes ready to perform with US dimes.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
On one hand I like Stevens Magic quite a bit. They are honest, have integrity, and have been around forever. I have purchased many things from them and will no doubt continue to do so.

However, I have learned to be a little leery of effects such as this because I have to admit that I have been disappointed with several of Stevens exclusive effects.

Some of their stuff is great while others I have been pretty unhappy with. I would definitely wait for reviews.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
387 Posts

Profile of academy
Stevens always make me feel nostalgic. They have maintained the style of the old magic catalogues where the effect was vaguely described but you had no idea what you were going to receive at home. Furthermore, if an effect is so good why keep it exclusive to one single dealer?

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
I always have to laugh when I read emails from Stevens because sometimes there are so many typos and grammatical errors that it seems like it was written in another language and translated into English. I’m from the old school where everything you put out professionally regarding your business must be 100% perfect.

So from that aspect their emails are not nostalgic at all because I’m constantly reminded while reading it that no one cares much about things like that anymore.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I get the same feeling reading Vanish Magazine. Love that it exists but I lose track counting the typos in every issue.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
So let me see if I've got this right: the phrase "residue can clearly be seen staining the spectator’s skin" is meant to be an enticement? Ooooookaaayyyy....
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crucible--Travis Higgs (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL