We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can tastic (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gassaox
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Any reviews the video for it does not look impressive like
https://youtu.be/oKBzSpjG1aQ
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
683 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Very positive review from Mickael Chatelain on his youtube channel. Maybe it's undergone some updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKr4zoZvMQc
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
683 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2021, MagicBrent wrote:
Is this the same thing?

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......orum=109

I think this might be something different. That link is about a ring going into a can of beans
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2021, MagicBrent wrote:
Is this the same thing?

https://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopi......orum=109

They are not same thing!
The mentioned thread talks about "Can-Tastic by Sam Lane" not "CanTastic by Maurizio Visconti ".
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2021, Bill08 wrote:
Very positive review from Mickael Chatelain on his youtube channel. Maybe it's undergone some updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKr4zoZvMQc

Wow well that's a lot of praise... and impressing Mickael must not be easy... not sure I'll get it though, only because I'm not sure I see a huge benefit over a non-gimmicked method but I think we all have to admit it does look very clean. My engineering background however makes me curious as to how that works so I might eventually pick it up... Smile
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Seems to be out of stock everywhere... would love to see a review before the next batch come in, price is a bit steep to take a bet on it... also wonder if there would be a way to have the can in full view at first (I'm guessing not but maybe with some slight of hand?)
Ben
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
The poured drink doesn't look very fizzy.. like to see what a beer looks like.
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
408 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2021, catweazle wrote:

If the audience is concerned about the fizziness of the liquid, you need to work on your presentation. lol. Using a solid colored cup (like a red solo cup) would resolve any concern around the carbonation of the liquid.
BernieSantos
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of BernieSantos
I think I'd ask the shop what they thought before taking the plunge.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2021, trickyat86 wrote:
Quote:

If the audience is concerned about the fizziness of the liquid, you need to work on your presentation. lol. Using a solid colored cup (like a red solo cup) would resolve any concern around the carbonation of the liquid.

I agree I doubt the audience/spectator would notice that... they just opened a can themselves, they’ll be far too amazed by finding the coin inside to notice anything else anyway?
Ben
Northern Andy
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Northern Andy
Looks like a nice effect! The compromise seems to mostly be around the hands going (though momentarily) in the bag, the likely need for a jacket, and potentially the fresh gassy opening sound of the can.
I would be curious to hear more reviews as people receive their orders, it's sold out until mid April across the suppliers it seems.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2021, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2021, trickyat86 wrote:
Quote:

I agree I doubt the audience/spectator would notice that... they just opened a can themselves, they’ll be far too amazed by finding the coin inside to notice anything else anyway?

it says you can use beer, beer has a head, it needs to be fizzy, hence why I said id like to see what it looks like with beer, I don't hve this, so I don't have a presentation to work on.... oh, and lol btw.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Oh right... I guess beer wouldn't be the best drink to use then... also really curious to hear more... I'm not too bothered about the hands having to go in the bag, you can always delay the vanish until you bring the can out of the bag and then pretend you vanish it at that moment, that would look invredibly clean...
Ben
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I like but unfortunately after seeing the price, gulp not got the funds, perhaps when I get giging again.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes price is quite steep but the effect is really good... I was also wondering how it was sold out so quickly (given the price), they must have only made a few units because quite a few dealers carry it
Ben
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks good but I think you have to have this ready ahead of time. Meaning it has to be ready to go in the bag. Won’t be able to carry it around. If it can be carried without worrying about spilling then I’m in.
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
408 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I'm sure at the start of the routine the can is in a "open" position inside the bag. And then reaching into the bag, the performer places the object in the can and then closes it before bringing it out of the bag.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, yes, that's also what I think. Regarding portability not sure but the gimmick seems relatively small so the question is how fast/easy is it to prepare the can.
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Finally got mine. First comment is that it's DEFINITELY worth the price given what you receive. I think I'll add a small plastic bag in order to use it with a spectator's ring, I guess that should work. I'll also do a delayed vanish with a hankerchief or a ring box etc. in order to be able to introduce the can before the ring/coin apparently vanishes.

Difficult to get into specifics but it's very clever and very well made, I'm not surprised Mickael Chatelain liked it. It will take a few minutes to prepare the can (10-15 min I'd say? those are first thoughts I'll try very soon) but it's nothing very complicated. Last two comments: 1) you can't really let the spectator open the can however you open it VERY VERY cleanly (there is nothing to hide it's just better if the performer opens it given the method) and 2) spectators won't really be able to inspect the can once you've cut it open but I'm really not sure why they would want to inspect it, it's really shown VERY cleanly before you open it, from all sides (and I mean ALL sides, without any cover). And you can also show it relatively freely afterwards.

I'm definitely going to use this one, I've recently started to be obsessed with rings to impossible location Smile
Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Can tastic (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL