The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Tales From the Darkside (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Hi All,

Today in the shop we were talking about horrible things that have happened to us while performing. Not tricks going wrong, but "foot in mouth" type stories. Stories of jokes and bits of business gone bad.

The best one I heard was a friend of mine was on stage on a cruise ship, and threw out a lighter into the audience saying, "Here. Catch this." Now, remember when on stage with house lights down, and stage lights in your face, you can't see ANYTHING! When the house lights came up, the lighter had hit a man in the chest. The man had no arms!

I am interested in your stories. Smile
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
One time back in 7th grade, I used to do this little trick sticking a coin up my nose and pulling it out my mouth , ears, eyes, etc . . . and one time I started doing it and a girl I had a crush on started watching and I just froze with the coin halfway "up my nose" . . . and she just rolled her eyes and said "Ohhhhhhh wow!" . . . that was pretty embarrassing . . . but nothing serious I guess . . .
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
I have two:

While performing in a local restaurant, one I had performed in for years, I saw an unfamiliar face at a table. I approached and began my routine, when the guy grabs my arm and tells me that his mother had been working for a magician when she fell from a ladder while hanging a backdrop, breaking her neck and dying. He asked me to please leave as it brought back memories.
I felt awful.

Second, my first night at that same restaurant, 3 years prior to the first example, I approached a man and a woman at a table and began my routine, I started with a jumbo coin production from a flash of fire, then dropped the coin on the table. I do this to create "noise" and to draw attention from other patrons, this has worked well for me before and since. But, on this night, after almost everyone in the restaurant had looked over at us, the man stood and yelled (and I mean YELLED) "DO YOU (insert word not appropriate for this board) MIND????? WE ARE DISCUSSING OUR DIVORCE AFTER 20 YEARS OF MARRIAGE!!!!"
He then scooped up my jumbo coin and put it in his pocket!!!
I kid you not, he lifted my coin!!
I kindly asked for it back but he swore he didn't have it and threatened to go to the manager (who is my best friend by the way). I quickly apologized and departed with my tail between my legs like a kitten from a rabid dog!

heh... those were the days Smile
Jay Buchanan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Tales From the Darkside (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL