The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Where to find Info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Where should I look for information concerning the legal requirements for street performers? Are there required permits? restricted locations? etc...

I'm in Chicago, so anyone with specific information to this area would help me out a lot. Thanks.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Chicago has a permit system.....you have to go down to the city hall and get permit.....$50

good luck
koz
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
I'm curious about Milwaukee,WI
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Any time I have a question like this, I go to http://www.performers.net It's the most comprehensive site I've ever seen for performers (street or otherwise)

Midway down the first page of links, visit the Street Arts Advocate for help on legal and licensing issues.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The info I gave for shicago is the deal.....i have a friend that bought a permit today

koz
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Koz,

Thanks for the info. I followed up and found the cost for Chicago is $50/year. I'm waiting until I've scouted an appropriate pitch before I pay...or is that the right attitude? Perhaps if I've paid, I'll be more motivated to FIND the right pitch: a psychology issue.

Berk
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Where to find Info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL