The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's the UNluckiest you've ever been? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
To see the other side of the coin (pun intended), what's the worst situation that has happened to you doing magic?

Smile
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
I once had 3 coins hidden in my left hand ready to be produced one at a time. They slipped out and fell to the floor. In Wal-Mart! I had to crawl around on my hands and feet to look for them. Once I found them, I was alright. But I sure didn't look to professional to start with. Nor did I feel it. I have since learned an out for dropping 1 coin. But not all 3 before the beginning of the trick.

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I think the worst thing is going to get into a trick, and realize you dont have everything you need, and you have built up what you are about to do. It happens sometimes. Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
Worst thing? Performing for magicians, who, after sitting there stony-faced, said my magic was terrible.

Why? "Well, all those tricks are in Bobo's. Nothing new! Add some kickers! You ought to use this gimmick!", and so on.

All they wanted to see was a new trick or sleight. Nevermind that my coin routines have been making them gasp and making them laugh since I was a teen.
Nae Blis
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Nae Blis
The other day at work i'm sitting at my desk job playing with my 3-1 coin. I drop the coin by accident. I hear it hit the floor and do a quick roll. I bend down to pick it up and it's gone. Not gone, as in it's out of site or behind something. I am telling you......this coin was GONE. i spent about 20 minutes on my hands and knees(hold the jokes please) lifting computer and desk, taking apart chairs.... Dan watkins couldn't have done a finer coin disappear. I moved everything out of my office and inspected everywhere. I even checked the cuff of my pant leg and shoes.

needless to say i'm *****....lol

Cuz man.....that coin is gone....
It takes a big man to cry...... but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Years back I was doing a program at an
opening of a new golf course.
Tom Watson was one of the guest.

I was starting a card routine(with a new deck) I opened the box,started shuffling,
and they all slipped out of my hands.

I looked down to the mess on the floor.
I can't remember if it was me or Tom who quipped, yes they are all mixed up NOW!

Harris Smile Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
I was doing some table-hopping at a local restaurant on this sad day. I was starting off by performing the matchbox penetration. In this effect, you start out with the brass block in the "open" position. I offered someone to shake it to feel that there was something heavy in the box. I had him grab it by the ends, as not to let the tray (and block) fall out. Right after he does this, some woman comes up from behind me, and says "Here, I want to feel it". Before I could say anything to her, she grabed the box by the sides and shook it vertically! Naturally, the tray and brass block fall out and onto the floor. Not only did she ruin my effect and expose the secret, but she put a nasty scratch in my new trick! If I ever see her again, I swear...."poof".
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
DeadRinger
View Profile
New user
long island
55 Posts

Profile of DeadRinger
doing a scotch and soda effect with a little kid, the two coins didnt nest correctly and he peeled them apart when i tried to vanish the centavo in his hand. when people see a gaff like that they assume everything you do is a gaff and it takes away from your slieghts.
*POOF*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's the UNluckiest you've ever been? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL