The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Beyond The Square (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

New old Stock
View Profile
New user
MO
14 Posts

Profile of New old Stock
I did a search and did not find a thread on Orzark Magic's Beyond The Square. I've purchased several items from Ozark Magic and have found them to be very well constructed and a good value. Does anyone own or performed with a Beyond The Square? If so, what was the reaction?
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
New Old Stock

Did you find this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jru1v5f3lkk

Charlie himself giving a quick demo.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
New old Stock
View Profile
New user
MO
14 Posts

Profile of New old Stock
Mark,

I have seen Charlie's youtube video. Thanks for sharing it with those that have not. I think it looks like a very smart idea that has turned into a smart prop.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2021, New old Stock wrote:
I did a search and did not find a thread on Orzark Magic's Beyond The Square. I've purchased several items from Ozark Magic and have found them to be very well constructed and a good value. Does anyone own or performed with a Beyond The Square? If so, what was the reaction?

Production effects have a lot to do with how you present it. The shows I have seen at magic conventions used good peppy music, and produce a large quantity of silks and scarves, along with very long streamers. You will pay more for the productions items then prop. This is just a Square Circle standard prop, that the maker has added the ability to place you hand in the square tubes. I would check with them first and ask if you can fill the tubes up, and still be able to show the back wall and you hand in the tube.

Enjoy.
New old Stock
View Profile
New user
MO
14 Posts

Profile of New old Stock
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:

Production effects have a lot to do with how you present it. The shows I have seen at magic conventions used good peppy music, and produce a large quantity of silks and scarves, along with very long streamers. You will pay more for the productions items then prop. This is just a Square Circle standard prop, that the maker has added the ability to place you hand in the square tubes. I would check with them first and ask if you can fill the tubes up, and still be able to show the back wall and you hand in the tube.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the insight and the interesting question to ask. However, it isn't a just a Square Circle "standard prop". I bought it. IMO, the idea behind it is very good. I don't know if Charlie Myrick developed it, if he had help, if someone else did, or some combination of those choices but I'm glad to have it in my ever going collection.

It is very deceptive and well made. If pressed, the only thing I would have hoped was done better is how it is painted/decorated. However, the price point makes it a very good deal in my opinion.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You did not mention if it came with instructions and ideas for presenting it.

From their website, it looks like they have strong influences from the way Abbott's Magic painted and designed their props. I like the looks of his paint jobs. See nothing wrong with them. He sure makes a lot of different production props. https://ozarkmagicmanufacturing.com/

If you want to call them, here is their phone number - 1-573-569-8693, and just ask to talk to Charlie Myrick. It looks like he is the owner.

Just trying to help you with suggestions.
New old Stock
View Profile
New user
MO
14 Posts

Profile of New old Stock
Bill, I asked if anyone owned the prop, or had used it? Also, I was interested in the reaction from the audience to it. I just assumed that anyone who had used it or owned it might comment about using it.

I did appreciate the link Mark provided and thanked him for it. After I posted and didn't get an answer to those questions I put in my original post I went ahead and purchased it. When it arrived I gave a review of the prop and replied to your comment about it being a "Square Circle standard prop". It comes with instructions but they really aren't needed.

Thanks for looking up the phone number and providing it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Beyond The Square (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL