The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Source for thin metal sheet that magnets will stick on? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I'm making my own version of What's next. For reference I will talk about what's next but this is a variation.

I need help finding the metal for the domino. I have the magnetic dots.

I could go with either the solid metal as in What's Next? or I could go with the cardboard domino with some kind of metal sheet inside as in the less expensive Royal Magic verion.

If you know the name of the Royal Magic Cardboard version let me know because I might end up buying one of those and tear it apart to get the metal sheet.

Any help appreciated.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
It's called Royal Magic Dubious Domino

Tom
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
The big hardware stores sell a flat galvanized sheeting for making duct work for your heating and cooling. Cover both sides with contact paper or whiteboard adhesive vinyl and you are all set. It can be cut with tin snips.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Thank you both!
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
They also make dry-erase boards that are magnetic. They look professional and come in a variety of sizes.
Where the magic begins
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Cookie sheets also work.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
At home stores and hardware stores, the item you are looking for is called "flashing". I have to admit that the cookie sheets is intriguing for all sorts of things.

Depending on how strong you need that magnet to be ... trimming a pizza delivery fridge magnet may do what you need. And you can find for free many places. Are soup cans still magnetic?
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
shaunjay
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of shaunjay
Yes! The tops of soup cans are and I've used them before. Pretty sure they are actually steel as they stick to a magnet no prob. Great creative discussion here!

-Shaun Jay
Custom 3D Designed Gimmicks
https://utilitygaffs.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hobby sheet tin or steel can be purchased at Hardware stores and Home improvement stores. Hobby shops most likely will not have the very large sheet metal, they usually sell only 15 inches long by about 5 inches wide.

Home improvement stores and Hardware stores will most likely be able to cut to the size you need.

IF you want a large sheet then you can get them at hardware stores and Home improvement stores.

Yes they come in different thicknesses.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I went to Lowe's and found they have small sheets of metal. I chose the thinnest sheet and checked with a magnet tp make sure it attracted. I also bought a pair of metal snips.

My project cam out great. Thanks for your help everyone.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Source for thin metal sheet that magnets will stick on? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL