The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How to Ask for money » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
What are some good hatlines you have used throughout the years?
Dreams are a matter of choice, not chance. Live your Dreams. -DC
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
There is a great thread on hat lines over at the Busker's Café American. The link is in my signature. Check it out.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Danny, could you PM me the link? I can't find that thread on the Café American.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
There is already a great deal of info on hat lines here. Just do a search for "hat lines".

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello All

How bout 'On your knee's" ! ha ha But seriously Do Great work, and be Yourself , & keep your Act/ show ....Moving..

You should do well.

Keep passing the Hat

Michael Lee
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Is'nt the mere sight of the hat enough to convey the message? I think by showing enjoyment while performing, the hat should get more. I know some performers who pre fill the hat to create an illusion that he's great and people appreciate his act.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Rannie
The style that you have mentioned is more comman for musicains and statuets.
For this kind of act pre-filling your hat can be very inportant. We have a saying in the UK copper breeds. Some folk will look into the hat to work out what they should give. If it is full of copper that is what you will get, if it is full of dollars then dollars will beget dollars.
Some perfomers will use a small bucket with a plate on it with a feww dollars on it, every time copper goes on to the plate they just tip it into the bucket retaining the dollars on top.
I have never seen it with effect as part of a door way or circle show.
The point of the origanal qwestion is at the end of a show, just before you tacke your hat off. Or before your last trick and you are inviting pepole forward to pay for the act at the end of the show. You have a crowd before you, anything from 10 pepole to 500+.
If you don't state an amount all you get is lose change never mind how good your show is.
One line I have adopted, I think its (Gazzos). When you stick your hand in your pocket and pull out your lose change if you think to your self "I cant use this I will give it to the performer" remeber if you cant use it never can I, so you can keep your chang but give me the dollars.
If your a tourist the doller is the paper one with $100. on it (out there)
The other thing this does it states and educates that your show is not a cheap bums act.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2004-06-16 14:35, prospero wrote:
Danny, could you PM me the link? I can't find that thread on the Café American.

Right here:

http://www.thedannyhustleshow.com/forums......at+lines

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great link DH.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Thanks Pete!

I sure wish you'd join us over there once in a while. We have a bunch of guys who LOVE talking about the cups! Smile

I know you're not a busker but you know we consider you one of the boys. Not to mention you have probably forgotten more about performance than most of us will ever know! Smile

Best,

Dan-

Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » How to Ask for money » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL