The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Liquid Magic (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nicetodd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of nicetodd
Good day gentlepeople:

My wife is in the alcohol industry (lucky me?) and I am trying to establish a solid reference of parlor effects around the ideas of liquids that I could learn as party tricks. e.g. bottle/glass of liquid productions / disappearances / transformations... Anything really that involves a glass, bottle, pitcher or other container of liquid (combined with other effects is fine!). If you could help me by referencing any books/magicians/links to effects I would be most appreciative. Links to other threads here would be excellent.

I am of course doing my own research, but the more ideas the merrier! Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
There are so many that come to mind, that are standard props: THIS Production, Passe Passe Bottles, Multiplying Bottles, Squash, Any Drink Called For, etc. The sources are endless.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
321 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
This

https://www.propdog.co.uk/props-gimmicks......ne-glass

Be sure and scroll down to watch the video
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Rice bowls. For the climax, turn the rice not into water, but sake.

Milk pitcher. Substitute beer. (Or stout.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Years ago, I designed a complete liquor act. The only problem is you can only perform such an act to an adult audience that does not believe in drinking alcohol. So performances are very limited.

You can't do any alcohol effect, with drinks that have the fizz in them. They have to flat.

Also Multiplying Bottles, There are many bottle effect, just look on line for them.

Acrobatic Glass is another.

Squash from Abbott's Magic is excellent for stage or close up.

"Hospitality" Drink Act by David Charvet.

http://charvetmagic.com/catalog/i3.html

FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Are you truly limited to just liquid magic? Why not related items?

Carissa Hendrix's act is packed full of suitable material. And she has done an amazing lecture on it. Best of all, they can all be repurposed to family audience. She covers Think A Drink, Multiplying Bottles, Who Has the Jam (which can be done with an imagined drink instead), a Cocktail Shaker routine, an appearing book which can be themed to anything.

Here are some other ideas. Chop cup can be done with olives. Hummer's Whiling Card works amazing with drink coasters (great for corporate give aways). Chris Randall explains a good handling in his lectures. There is a slew of cork magic which is rarely seen these days for closeup. Coin in bottle is a personal favorite that I did once a night in my restaurant act after table hopping. Mentalism effects can easily themed. For example, a spectator chooses any person in history, a place, and beverage for a drink. Or mental epic where the choices are drink related. So many options to fit your style and type of magic.
nicetodd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of nicetodd
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2021, Alan Munro wrote:
There are so many that come to mind, that are standard props: THIS Production, Passe Passe Bottles, Multiplying Bottles, Squash, Any Drink Called For, etc. The sources are endless.

Thank you. I have seen reference to the "THIS" Production in a great many places in this forum, but I cannot find a reference to a performance or book anywhere. Can anyone help here?

Bill and Frank - both incredibly helpful and thoughtful responses. Appreciate this greatly!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's a vintage Abbott's Gizmo Glass listed on the Big Auction now. It's worth reviewing...

Julie
nicetodd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of nicetodd
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2021, Julie wrote:
There's a vintage Abbott's Gizmo Glass listed on the Big Auction now. It's worth reviewing...

Julie

Where is this Big Auction you speak of (sorry for my ignorance)?
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
'replied to PM.
Coppertop
View Profile
New user
UK
13 Posts

Profile of Coppertop
Have a look at "Refraction" by David Penn.

There is some prep work but the reactions are brilliant. Ideal for walk around, party's etc or small parlour groups.

There is an existing link to the effect on this forum:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......m=111&35
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn

Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Here is something that would work well for you.
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-......eshment/

It no longer looks like its available to purchase, but you could build one.
It looks like it available in David's book Approaching Magic.
You might be able to find the trick on the second hand market as well.
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/stage-......g-magic/

Best of luck

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Liquid Magic (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL