The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » Duality App by CobraMagic (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, SharkTrager442 wrote:

how long the dev decides to keep the app updated. Stung too many times personally so it’s a no from me.
If the app is never updated again, it will last you forever. Doesn't rely on a network or a need for an up to date UI. You just show a video.

That’s not how it works… the issue would be new android or iOS updates.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, Mishka wrote:
I would like to share my experience with the App and with Cobra Magic.
The app has a great effect - when a person says a number which turns out to be the same number that was written down before.
Got very good support From Cobra Magic when needed.
There is also a Facebook group to get and exchange information.
The Cobra Magic people give you some basic ideas on using the app - I recommend using these at first. After you try the basic ideas, you can develop your own plots according to your imagination.
Easy to work with (I recommend that you plan ahead the plot you are going to film).
I think that one of it's best uses is to impress another person - friend, other magician, potential customer etc. You can then send them the video with the number they chose, with an attached personalized message.

Pinch of salt.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:

how long the dev decides to keep the app updated. Stung too many times personally so it’s a no from me.
If the app is never updated again, it will last you forever. Doesn't rely on a network or a need for an up to date UI. You just show a video.

Thought so.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
Quote:

Thought so.

If apple released ios 15 and it broke part of the duality app it would need to be updated Its not as simple as its just a video to play. So many apps are abandoned with the exception of a few from Marc Kerstein, ian Pidgeon, Benke Smith and a few others. Cobra magic doesn't really have a track record with apps as to my knowledge this is their first one. That is definitely one of the main concerns to this.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Hi,

Thanks to the Duality community that supports and uses the app every day.

We just thought it's necessary to remind you that Duality is basically another product by Cobra Magic which is around for 14 years and isn't going anywhere.

We work hard even in times like these, to bring you the best effect ever and in the smartest & cleanest way ever.

We let our products / ideas talk by themselves and we thank those that choose to lift our spirit.

We also offer whoever is interested to join our (free) Zoom session next week to see the app up close and to ask any questions they have.
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

The difference between this and the other products is two companies outside of your control could decide one day they don’t like what you’re doing and shut you down especially with how you’re distributing on iOS. Also either of those companies could do something outside of your control that could stop the app from working with an update. Not the same thing at all.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, pegasus wrote:

So let’s set a scenario whereby you are performing this regularly because you absolutely love it and then suddenly, without warning, it no longer works. Tell me you wouldn’t be upset.

I’d be pretty bummed of course, but I doubt it would rise to the level of being upset assuming I’d had it for a year or two at least. But it certainly wouldn’t stop me from buying another magic app. Almost all magic apps are developed and maintained by one person and there are no guarantees that something won’t happen to that person or their life goes in a different direction. When I buy their app I don’t look at it as them now owing me updates for the rest of my life. Stuff happens, that’s life. It’s disappointing if it suddenly stops working but life goes on.

This is a hobby for most of us. As far as hobbies go, magic is relatively cheap compared to many. I think it’s safe to assume you are not an avid golfer pegasus. For some of us the goal is to enjoy the hobby and have fun with it, not to try and spend the absolute bare minimum and live in fear that something may not live up to our expectations.

But I do agree that one should take reviews with a grain of salt. The only real difference between your opinion and mine is that you like to exclaim that you’re OUT and wouldn’t touch something with a barge pole as soon as the smallest of negatives is even hinted at as a possibility. Whereas I’m simply saying that I don’t know if I’m in or out yet because I don’t have enough information to make an informed decision. Maybe the zoom session will change that for better or worse. I’m willing to give it a chance and hear what they have to offer.

If you’ve been stung so many times that you will never consider buying another app then why do you bother even reading these threads? Is says right in the title that this is a APP.
Johnny250
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Johnny250
I do not like to use a lot of magic apps, but I think it's a great app.
I think it's the third best application I've seen and used (the first is dfb, and the second is inject)
There is some preparation that is definitely worth investing in so that you get a good video.
The presentation is very important. But assuming you have done all this you will have a great effect, and the bonus is that the video can be sent immediately to your client.
Mishka
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Mishka
I would like to share with you a movie I made today using Duality.

https://youtu.be/J3TtLty8Dkw

The number that shows on the white board is the number the volunteer chose.
After the routine I sent him the movie by Whatssap so he could look it over.

Another nice thing in the App is that I can attach send my ready made contact information as well as the video.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, Mishka wrote:

Another nice thing in the App is that I can attach send my ready made contact information as well as the video.

Thanks for sharing Mishka. Looks great!
What's not to like about that?

As long as the input method is simple and imperceptible, and does not require an assistant I think this could be a heckuva very cool effect.
And then being able to share it is just the icing on top.

Not really concerned if it will still work a few years down the road. Of course I hope it does. But honestly by then there will almost certainly be even more amazing apps out and most of us will have moved on anyway, or the method to this could become widely known. That's always a possibility. If you worry solely if an app will work for the rest of your life you get paralysis by analysis and miss out on lots of great things. Like I mentioned previously, do you expect a pack of golf balls to last the rest of your life? or a pair of expensive sneakers? will you be using the same phone in a few years?

The jury is still out on this for me. Too many unknowns at this point. But I'm willing to hear what they have to say at the zoom session. That information is free.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Does the prediction have to be so far away and small? Kinda questionable that the prediction is the purpose of the video but the participant has to squint and stick the phone screen in their face to see it properly.
Eitay
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Eitay
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Does the prediction have to be so far away and small? Kinda questionable that the prediction is the purpose of the video but the participant has to squint and stick the phone screen in their face to see it properly.

No, it depends of your video and how you want to put it.
patrickrs
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of patrickrs
I've been using Duality for a week and experimenting with it. So far I would give this a 9/10 and am very very happy with how it works in its current state, with interesting developments to come.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
What really puts me off now are those "killer reviews" from people with a minimal number of posts...
and the price to predict a number from 1-99...

the price seems ok, but the killer reviews from new user's continue
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, patrickrs wrote:
I've been using Duality for a week and experimenting with it. So far I would give this a 9/10 and am very very happy with how it works in its current state, with interesting developments to come.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Uh, yeah. This looks cool, but the flooding of comments from new users is making me very, very skeptical.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
X3
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, Mishka wrote:

if the max resolution is 360p I would only send this to people who still have a Nokia...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2707 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
😂
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

A few things. Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates.

1. Every single video I’ve seen made is horrible resolution maybe to cover how the actual prediction looks. Very curious why.
2. The fake accounts are very obvious and it only hurts your credibility. It would make me reconsider buying since there seem to be only one or two real reviews.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » Duality App by CobraMagic (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL