The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Photobomb by Paul Brook - New Mentalism Routine - FREE (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2238 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Photobomb is great! There's on aspect of the method that I can think of 1001 uses for. I went back and got Self Service, so thanks again Paul!
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
164 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
Kudos to Paul for releasing this for free. Even if it wasn't free, it is a superb routine with some really solid thinking. Very practical, very strong for in person or online performances.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4378 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Absolutely love this Paul and again thank you very much indeed, a lot can be achieved with the 3 processes,i am looking at photo work with the combined 3 phases rather then photos on a phone.
awesome ,stay safe and again Thank you
All the best
Shane
SimonTheSorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of SimonTheSorcerer
Thank you very much for that free download! Read it and I think it is a great new way using this principle.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, SimonTheSorcerer wrote:
Thank you very much for that free download! Read it and I think it is a great new way using this principle.


You're very welcome Simon Smile

Glad that you like the routine, have you managed to try it out yet?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6473 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
As usual, Paul combines principles to create a unique effect. Fantastic! And thanks for letting us have it... in a good way.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, DavidMac wrote:
This should work really well. I love Copenhagen cover up and Paul's thinking. His ATT lecture is worth every penny!

Can't wait to try it out soon.


That's very kind of you to say, thank you Smile

The 'Copenhagen Cover-Up' is a great routine for entertainment value, and it's always so fun to hear the destinations people choose and the reasoning behind them.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
Photobomb is great! There's on aspect of the method that I can think of 1001 uses for. I went back and got Self Service, so thanks again Paul!


More than welcome Smile

Hope you like the 'Self Service' effect as much as you enjoyed 'Photobomb'.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, Marc DeSouza wrote:
Kudos to Paul for releasing this for free. Even if it wasn't free, it is a superb routine with some really solid thinking. Very practical, very strong for in person or online performances.


Hey Marc Smile

I had earmarked it for release, but with everything that's going on I just wanted to spread some positivity. I know a lot of performers have lost the will, drive or passion for the art they love due to not being able to perform much. Really hope that this sparks some creative juices flowing and that it helps people reconnect with why they love performing mentalism.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2021, Fire Starter wrote:
Absolutely love this Paul and again thank you very much indeed, a lot can be achieved with the 3 processes,i am looking at photo work with the combined 3 phases rather then photos on a phone.
awesome ,stay safe and again Thank you
All the best
Shane


Really glad you like this Smile

Do you mean using actual printed photos?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2021, Greg Arce wrote:
As usual, Paul combines principles to create a unique effect. Fantastic! And thanks for letting us have it... in a good way.

Greg


Oh Greg, it's more than a pleasure especially considering how much you have contributed to mentalism.

Always ready to let you have it haha Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Yash Pataskar
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Yash Pataskar
I love Paulís thinking and consider his stuff all practical to use. As he mentions, Photobomb is based on one of his previous releases, the Copenhagen Cover Up and it is great. What I like the most is that he gives the basic script and outline pretty well and Iím sure Iíll use the principle for more than just this effect.

Thank You for the complimentary release, Paul!

Everybody who hasnít checked it out yet, go ahead and just get it quick as long as he has it for free. 💫

PS- Iíd recommend you buy it even if it wasnít free.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2021, Yash Pataskar wrote:
I love Paulís thinking and consider his stuff all practical to use. As he mentions, Photobomb is based on one of his previous releases, the Copenhagen Cover Up and it is great. What I like the most is that he gives the basic script and outline pretty well and Iím sure Iíll use the principle for more than just this effect.

Thank You for the complimentary release, Paul!

Everybody who hasnít checked it out yet, go ahead and just get it quick as long as he has it for free. 💫

PS- Iíd recommend you buy it even if it wasnít free.



Thank you Yash, that is very kind of you to say Smile

I've got yet another free effect being released in a few weeks from now too. And then a few more free ones to follow as well.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
MindAgent
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of MindAgent
Let me first say a big thank you for releasing this for free. It could clearly be a paid for product and was not expecting such a finished book with a list of references. Paint me impressed.

As for the effect I think I will modify it a little, I tried it with my phone and the image grid was a little tricky but that is probably my cruddy phone. I think I'm going to use Instagram or FaceBook and use the inbuilt image grids there as I'm pretty sure they are standard on all devices. Can anyone confirm this? It only needs to be a 3 x 3 grid doesn't it?
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Thank you Paul!
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2021, MindAgent wrote:
Let me first say a big thank you for releasing this for free. It could clearly be a paid for product and was not expecting such a finished book with a list of references. Paint me impressed.

As for the effect I think I will modify it a little, I tried it with my phone and the image grid was a little tricky but that is probably my cruddy phone. I think I'm going to use Instagram or FaceBook and use the inbuilt image grids there as I'm pretty sure they are standard on all devices. Can anyone confirm this? It only needs to be a 3 x 3 grid doesn't it?



You're very welcome Smile

I'm not too sure on the social media sites being homogeneous with regards to photospacing, but have a little test to see what the situation is with se.of your friends and families phones.

It's not necessary to have a 3x3 grid, but it certainly helps from the performer's perspective.

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2021, planneroftowns wrote:
Thank you Paul!


You're welcome Smile

Did you have time to read it, or have you only just downloaded it?

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
MindAgent
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of MindAgent
Having performed this virtually for friends and family I think this is much easier with a 3 x 3 grid for the performer and the spectator.

FaceBook seems to have a weird thing with the display of photos where the display is not standard with some photos being bigger than others.

Instagram still shows a standard grid of photos once in the spectators profile making it perfect for this effect.

I have been asking to see the gallery on peoples phones and I think quite a lot of them are in a grid format from the people I've asked. Great for when there may be no internet. But I think the solution could be to perform some effect before hand where people show you their photo gallery and you can choose someone with a 3 x 3 grid style.

Not trying to be negative here. I am really enjoying this just want to make it watertight.
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
667 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2021, MindAgent wrote:
Having performed this virtually for friends and family I think this is much easier with a 3 x 3 grid for the performer and the spectator.

FaceBook seems to have a weird thing with the display of photos where the display is not standard with some photos being bigger than others.

Instagram still shows a standard grid of photos once in the spectators profile making it perfect for this effect.

I have been asking to see the gallery on peoples phones and I think quite a lot of them are in a grid format from the people I've asked. Great for when there may be no internet. But I think the solution could be to perform some effect before hand where people show you their photo gallery and you can choose someone with a 3 x 3 grid style.

Not trying to be negative here. I am really enjoying this just want to make it watertight.



I didn't take it as a negative post at all. In fact, it's great to know that there is a back-up option with Instagram.

I've not had much trouble using the photo gallery on participant's phones, but I know what to do if I get a tricky operating system Smile

Cheers,

Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Photobomb by Paul Brook - New Mentalism Routine - FREE (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL