We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Given (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
In 1692, the ‘Salem Witch Trials’ began. The persecution of those who were believed to ‘play alongside the Devil’. On the 19th April, Bridget Bishop was brought before the court accused of bewitching 5 young women. She had the most accusations to her name. At the same time, there was a secret society called the ‘Movement of the Occult’ (MOTO) who believed that Bridget was ‘given’ to them by Satan and that she alone would end the suffering of witches at the hand of the Church.

Bridget would forever be known as, ‘The Given’…

After a painting of Bridget is shown, a pile of other cards are introduced upon which a different name is written on each. It is explained that these are the names of the others who were put on trial and that perhaps, Bridget could enslave the spectator with her witchcraft. As an experiment the cards are systematically placed in either an ‘Angel’ or ‘Devil’ pile, and any rejected cards placed with the photo of Bridget. Every decision is free and fair, decided only by the spectator.

Even though they made completely random choices, when the pile of ‘Angel’ names is turned over, it is revealed that each card has a random letter of the alphabet on the back and somehow, they spell out ‘A-N-G-E-L’.

The ‘Devil’ cards are turned over and found to spell out the word ‘D-E-V-I-L’.

Which leads to the question… how was the spectator able to do this without ever knowing there were letters on the back? Was it luck? Or perhaps ‘The Given’ has possessed them. With this, the rejected pile is turned over and seen to spell out ‘G-I-V-E-N’.

‘The Given’ is a killer self working effect meaning you can focus on your presentation!

No Switches - No Extra Cards - No Sleights - No Gimmicks - No Equivoque - Self Working - Fully Examinable

WHAT IS COVERED?

You receive a 40 minute download video which has two full performances. In the download I discuss a brief run down of how I aged my props, the set up, the performance and little added tips. I discuss several handling ideas. You also receive a PDF with all of the artwork needed to make your own props as well as a script for the effect. Finally, you receive a separate file with separate JPEG images should you want to make larger or smaller versions.

I also have pre-made sets of the cards available. Each set is hand aged by me. The process begins with the card being printed at a commercial printer for maximum quality. Then they undergo a wearing and staining stage. Once dried, they are ironed to give the creases a more 'authentic' aged look. Two cards are then stuck back to back to add texture and thickness making them last a lifetime. They are then cut at slightly different angles to give an 'off kilter' feel. Finally, the edges are darkened and using a mixture of sandpaper, ink splotches and tearing the card, they are given their individuality. They are then packaged into an aged envelope and stamped with The Given logo. Each set takes an hour to make so there is limited quantities available and no two sets are the same! They are Poker Card sized so easy to display the final words on most sized tables!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vxjyiVUsHc&t=2s

More information: https://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/thegiven
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I've loved your previous releases, so I've ordered with the props - "given" (see what I did there) the time it takes to make them, I think that's a really good price.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
I really enjoy Jamie's material and it's always very fairly priced.
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
531 Posts

Profile of westo
Yes....I have bought this...what a light hearted soul Jamie is.. Smile
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
DanHumphrey, thank you for the kind words (and the pun!) I really hope you enjoy it! Smile

RNK, thank you! I do try and price things so it's accessible for as many people as possible but still makes the excruciating process of making them worth while 😂

westo, you know me! 😇

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Looks like it’s out of stock. I think I bought the very last pdf download. Haha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of dyoung
For the price, and the simplicity of the effect, I can't see anyone being disappointed with this release! The cards are easy to make, albeit takes some time, but once you're done, you won't have to remake them anytime soon. As I can only imagine the more you use them the better they will look (in a worn sort of way). I gotta pick up on a bit of lie in the ad copy, though. Jamie says it's a 40 minute video... its actually 42 minutes and 32 seconds, so if that's a deal breaker for you, don't get it. Otherwise just get it! Smile
chinablue
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of chinablue
Is this back in stock
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Given (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL