The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Magic of Edward Victor's Hands Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
I'm doing some research and I have question about this book, for someone who has it.

I know Victor's book, Magic of the Hands has his Torn & Restored Cigarette Paper, does this book also have it?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
206 Posts

Profile of Ronin
No, it’s not in this book. “The Magic of Edward Victor’s Hands” mostly consists of effects he wrote up for magazines like The Magic Circular, The Gen and others.

A lot of nice effects and ideas, though, plus some really nice biographical information on Victor.

Thanks for giving me a reason to flip through both books, I really should flip thru both more often. 🙂
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Ronin, Thanks for your response.

In the T.O.C. I saw an entry titled – A Cigarette Paper Mystery, and that's why I was asking.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1354 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
A Cigarette Paper Mystery
from The Magic Wand, Dec 1955

Effect: From a packet of cigarette papers the magician removes one leaf. He squeezes it into a small ball and holds it between his finger and thumb. He then requests any member of the audience to call out a color -- blue, for example. Another spectator is asked to suggest any number -- say, fifteen. The performer unrolls the pellet and on it is found the figure "15" written in blue!

[The Magic of Edward Victor's Hands by Rae Hammond, 1995, p 136]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Tim.
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Magic of Edward Victor's Hands Question (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL