The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help With Lorayne (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Like I've said more than once, Harry, if I reach even 3/4 of your age, I'll be happy if I have even 1/2 the energy you currently do! Smile

I do have a rather mischievous sense of humor, which sometimes gets me into trouble, and my kids are convinced it might only get worse as I get older. So do forgive me if ever I err too much on the side of mischief, but be assured it's well-intended, and not meant as disrespect. I just get a little cheeky at times. Smile

But more importantly: Wishing you a happy 95th birthday already for May 4th! I'm so pleased you're still around to be able to engage with us here, and to smell the flowers we do send your way from time to time.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Enders wrote: "Like I've said more than once"
I didn't buy it the first time and I don't buy it now.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
To answer the initial question from Mightytimbo.

I think you're possibly getting confused with the definition of what the 'top half' of the pack is, during a Jog Shuffle.

It will be the (former top) portion of cards UNDERNEATH the injogged card - not the (temporary) new half that you are shuffling ABOVE the injogged card.

I hope that makes sense. PM me if it doesn't.

I learnt the Jog Shuffle as a 14 year old from 'The Magic Book' - it's the cleanest, most natural False Shuffle, that has held me in good stead for over 40 years.

Moreover, Harry's description of The Jog Shuffle is the best/clearest instruction; because he also focuses upon the importance of the correct thumb-position to hold the break at the injog. Having shuffled a number of knackered, sticky, worn, dirty borrowed packs from behind pub bars over the years, this is absolutely pivotal to ensure success.

As for those recommending alternative sources (such as Erdnase, Card College, etc!) to learn the Jog Shuffle, aside from Harrry Lorayne.......SERIOUSLY? Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help With Lorayne (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL