The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Time travel as a presentation (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I do a three fly involving time travel
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
That's great. I only do my version silently to music as a platform or parlor piece...not close up, but I appreciate those that do, and I think obviously that Time Travel is a great premise. As a way to "explain" how magic works, it is nifty for sure. The only magician I know, who may not even do magic anymore, that is from Chicago is Jeff Altman...son of Art Altman. He did a lot of card work for me in Syracuse a long time ago, and then at David Roth's memorial I saw him. I've also never been to Chicago. It is a magic center, definitely.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
You should come on over and visit the Chicago Magic Lounge. Very cool place.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Is this a brick and mortar (real) place or a cyber place?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Brick and mortar. All kinds of magical performances.. Saw David Williamson lecture there and David Parr performed another time.

Looks like a little laundry mat at first. You ring the little bell for service and a wall opens up and you go into the lobby... and that's just the first part.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Wow. And David Williamson is a great guy. I'm glad I met him a few times. David Parr I've heard of for sure. Didn't meet him. Saw his picture. Hey, the shop seems great.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Oh, hey, it's a performance place, like the magic castle. It's really fun. In the lobby they have memorablile and one item is the statue David Parr won from Fool Us, plus the two decks he used.
Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Mr. David Roth. He was such a creative inspiration.

Hope you had a good holiday. Mine involved too much walking. Now my legs are mad at me.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Wow. So, like the Castle. That's great. Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday. Too soon after Halloween and I say the same thing about New Year's. Too soon after Xmas. Yeah, I learned "routine construction" from David. I was always working on my own material, not "after" his secrets to copy him, which is why I think he communicated with me. He didn't particularly think my tricks were that great but I think he respected that I was trying to think for myself. His passing was a shock because I spoke to him on the phone the day before and he seemed o.k.

Well, enjoy Black Friday!
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
So, as Bob Cassidy told me, having a clear explanation of how your "powers" work is important...so the idea of "I'm from the future - therefore I know how this exoeriment turns out already, and I'll prove it is just a patter line that is different from "I can read your mind".
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
My line for avoiding the paradox of travelling back in time and meeting yourself, "Wear a Disguise!"
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Another line can be "I time-traveled to the future, and now I'm back!" holds promise.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I love that line!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Just had a thought. Cards across. Travelling back in time....
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Not my original idea: Card Warp makes for a great opportunity to send something back in time. The "hamburger-folded" card is the machine and the "hotdog" is the time-travelling object.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Time travel as a presentation (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL