The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Classic Pass Tutorial (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

raphaeljanks
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of raphaeljanks
Hi all. I have been doing the classic pass for a while now... a few years... but I have become very critical of the flashing of late and am looking for advice on the best resource I can purchase to assist with the classic pass. I prefer a video tutorial in comparison to books for the pass. Maybe I need to change my technique or angle, I am not sure. Any advice would really be appreciated.
mightytimbo
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of mightytimbo
I've been working on mine for a bit. I got a lot of benefit out of Alex Pandrea's. (Where I learned the original Moves) and Jay Sankeys) where I learned more refining details.

That said, I am still working hard to refine my own pass, but these guys both have pretty burnable passes, so they are worth checking out.
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Elite user
New York, NY
462 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
If someone's pass is "burnable" doesn't that mean it can be seen by a spectator burning the conjurer's hands? I don't understand how the word burnable can be used to mean something like "burn-proof" or invisible. My understanding is that an invisible pass cannot be seen even with the spectator burning the artist's hands, therefore a good pass should NOT be burnable. Where have I gone wrong?

In addition, I would recommend tutorials by either Jason England and/or Jonathan Kamm (he call it a pro-torial).
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2589 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I would also say Jason England's is top notch. When I was focusing on the pass I checked out many resources, and got the most value out of his video and Expert at the Card Table, personally.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
raphaeljanks
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of raphaeljanks
Thanks all. Has anybody here purchased Akira Fujii's dvd on the classic pass? If so... do you recommend it. I see many people recommending Pandrea's tutorial. Thanks again.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2971 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Not to add to the confusion but check out Jonathan Kamm tutorial on the Pass.
He has many videos on Youtube. He sells the Pass tutorial on his website.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Carlo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco, California
240 Posts

Profile of Carlo
Steven Youell's, if you can find it somewhere. Not the classic pass, but a variation using ideas from various sources.
Tortuga
View Profile
Special user
Ballwin, MO
793 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2021, Carlo wrote:
Steven Youell's, if you can find it somewhere. Not the classic pass, but a variation using ideas from various sources.

Just for reference it is called the "Mongrel Pass". And it is very good.
Tortuga
View Profile
Special user
Ballwin, MO
793 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2021, TeddyBoy wrote:
If someone's pass is "burnable" doesn't that mean it can be seen by a spectator burning the conjurer's hands? I don't understand how the word burnable can be used to mean something like "burn-proof" or invisible. My understanding is that an invisible pass cannot be seen even with the spectator burning the artist's hands, therefore a good pass should NOT be burnable. Where have I gone wrong?

In addition, I would recommend tutorials by either Jason England and/or Jonathan Kamm (he call it a pro-torial).

Maybe something is getting lost in the translation, but "burnable" has come to be a term which describes a move that can be studied closely and NOT seen. So in reference to the pass, it would mean a spectator can look directly at the cards during the move and not detect that the packets have transposed. It does NOT mean that they will not detect any action necessarily. If you are using a riffle cover, they will of course see the riffle, but they won't see the exchange. If doing a dribble pass, they won't notice the two halves changing places. The only motion they are aware of is the dribble.

Hope that helps.
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Elite user
New York, NY
462 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
Thanks for clearing this up. I know you are correct...but it still don't make no sense to me. LOL
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best Classic Pass Tutorial (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL