The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Not very Active (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
Doesn't seem like a lot of active members. Are there a lot of people that participate in the virtual assembly?

Is there a forum to discuss virtual assembly meetings and/or the V1.2 workshops? I'd like to discuss false shuffles but don't see anywhere to interact with other members that is not open to the public.

Am I missing something or is the day of the Magic club going the way of brick and mortar shops?

Very depressing for the art but it seems to me we have more access and method to assemble then ever before and we don't do it; unless I'm just so far out of the loop I can't see beyond my own misdirection!
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
Russo
View Profile
Special user
So.California / Centl.Florida
879 Posts

Profile of Russo
Try the 'pick a card' 'any card' forum 4 or 5 forums down. RR
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5169 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Nate, I think you are confused. Virtual and V1.2 workshops are associated with the IBM not the SAM but in either case, magic clubs are suffering the same fate as most other places because of the pandemic. I don't think they are going the way of the brick and mortar shops, just not a good time to be assembling in groups.

We do have several forums revolving around card magic but not too much detail can be discussed because of our exposure rules. You do have enough posts to get into the secret sessions forums where more detailed discussions can be conducted.
Where the magic begins
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
95 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Dave, I am guessing that you don't belong to SAM. That is OK, I don't belong to IBM. SAM does has a virtual assembly called Assembly V1.1
...I have not attended the virtual assembly, but get regular emails concerning it.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
95 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
After rereading the original post, I see you two are talking about something called "V1.2". So you are probably right, Dave. Forgive me for being presumptuous. It is funny that both clubs use almost the same name for their virtual meetings.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Not very Active (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL