We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
92 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Very tempted to pull the trigger on this one, probably will next week.

I had one idea, for people who want to get the ungimmicked blocks to give away as a souvenir, perhaps get them laser engraved on one side (the underside?) and make it the equivalent of a business card. Might as well make it work for you.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Received shipping notice this morning for order placed on May 22.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Mine just shipped too. I got an email that this is back in stock although the web site still says preorder shipping in early June. But now there are ungimmicked blocks of wood for sale as giveaways.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hey everyone,

On Hanson Chien’s website you can now purchase the regular ungimmicked blocks of holy wood.
This can be used as a give away if you like.

I’m guessing the side cut of the wood will match the Holy Wood.

One for $20
Three for $50
Five for $80
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Wow... That is expensive for a block of wood. I am in the wrong side of the magic business.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4145 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, The Mysterious One wrote:
Wow... That is expensive for a block of wood. I am in the wrong side of the magic business.

Haha, true!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Too bad you can’t let your spectator know you are giving them a $20 block of wood. They’d appreciate it a lot more. 😃

I guess there are occasions that pros might like to give it away. But for friends, family, coworkers, who is going to want a block of wood? So for me personally, I can’t think of anyone that I might perform this for that wouldn’t hand it back to me with a “thanks, but you can keep it, I don’t need a piece of wood.” 🙁

Although now that I think about it, I’m always looking for ways to prompt guests to ask to see some magic without them realizing that’s what they are doing. So maybe I could have a little display with the block of wood next to a deck of cards with a little sign that says “What do these have in common?” or something like that which is intended to get them to ask me about it. I think there’s potential in that if I give it more thought.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Hey, videoman, I concur. Who really wants/needs a block of wood?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Holywood can already be examined. They will not find the secret. I don’t think there is a need to over prove it by handing out a block of wood to keep. I also don’t think it makes a very good give away item since it’s just a block of wood. It’s not an impossible object.

The trick itself is great. I’m just curious if the ungimmicked wood will have the same side cut as the gimmicked holy Wood.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, funnyclown wrote:

I’m just curious if the ungimmicked wood will have the same side cut as the gimmicked holy Wood.

For $20 it had better have matching sides!
Not sure if that would be preferred or not but it should be priced waaayyy cheaper if not.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
157 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I received my replacement Holy Wood today, it is in perfect condition and looks so much better. Great service and help from Hanson and his team. I recommend this highly.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Still waiting on mine
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Mine's arriving to the UK on Monday via UPS. Woo Hoo! Did anyone have access to the tutorial earlier, i.e. requested the link after purchasing or do we all have to wait for the package to arrive before being able to watch the instructions? Thanks.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
157 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I requested the link and they sent it to me. Try that!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3368 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
What kind of shipping time is it taking from the UK to the U.S.?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Depends if you choose express or standard delivery.

I chose express and it was in US in less than a weekl
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
157 Posts

Profile of rbromley
From Taiwan my express package took about 8-9 days to Alaska. The standard shipping from there took almost 3 weeks.
spaceman-sam
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, rbromley wrote:
I requested the link and they sent it to me. Try that!
Requested it in notes field when ordered but nothing. Have sent separate email...will see. Else, only a couple of days away, I suppose. Thanks.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Mine took 7 days to arrive here in Canada!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Christian_de_Punto
View Profile
New user
Earth - Europe - Germany 138 plus
30 Posts

Profile of Christian_de_Punto
Received mine after just 4 days in germany... the quality of the gimmick is 100/100. just perfect. the "resistance" in the hands of a spectator is very good. I guess you can let it slip in their hands out of the cardbox and you don't have to run...
also, I think that the necessary "structure" on the surface on a block of wood is less suspicious than on some of the metal objects we all know. I really like it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL