We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Is this batch out of stock already? are they planning to make more?
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
411 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2021, BrainMagos wrote:
Is this batch out of stock already? are they planning to make more?

Just looked at the product page. It says send them a message if interested, but the add to cart button is still active... So maybe use their message option to confirm if they're taking orders for the next batch.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2021, funnyclown wrote:
Just to let the group know. I decided to purchase the $20 ungimmicked Holy Wood. Itís nicely made and matches the gimmicked block perfectly. I just thought it might be nice to have the ungimmicked one handy in case I had someone that really wanted to examine it closely. It could easily be switched out. I wouldnít do this as a regular thing but itís nice to have if needed.

Thanks funnyclown.
I went ahead and ordered one also for the same reasons you did, and while it is currently available.
You never can be sure things like this will be available in the future.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Ordered one as well. Postage was surprisingly reasonable.
pierre888
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of pierre888
Ordered one but it has been a week and no news yet if it is on the way...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
FYI, ordered ungimmicked block on 7/12 and received in So Cal on 7/26. So it took exactly 2 weeks using standard shipping. Not too bad, canít complain about shipping speed.

Block looks very nice. Not an exact match if placed side by side but I didnít expect it to be. But certainly close enough to pass muster. Iím referring to the grain and color because obviously the length is just a wee bit shorter in order for owners to tell the difference with a quick glance.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1278 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Several week later, is this prop holding up to use? Are the early adopters still happy with it?
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
411 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Have had/used it multiple times since early June. No change in quality of the prop, and Iím more then happy with it.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
About the same for me as trickya86. I got my block in the first run. Iíve used it at least a couple dozen times and quality and look is exactly like first day. Works great Iím very happy with Holy Wood. I also purchased a dummy block. I rarely feel the need to hand out the block for examination but a few times Iíve switched the block out for the dummy block. Iíve used the cooler for Switch
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1092 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2021, funnyclown wrote:
...Iíve used the cooler for Switch

So, The Cooler is easier to use with Holy Wood than it is with a deck of cards?
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2361 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Are they having trouble? Iíve sent two emails regarding my order and have got no response. Itís been a long time and while my account says itís shipped, I havenít heard anything and didnít know if they had trackingÖ
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
92 Posts

Profile of BathTub
I got a tracking number with my order, but I didn't know what site to use, so I wrote to them and they said to use https://www.17track.net/en
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
411 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Just saw on Instagram, the next batch is coming up and the length of the block is increased to 87.65mm (prior it was 83.65mm). https://www.instagram.com/p/CTfkgo5BU3R/
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
50 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
I just ordered from the 6th batch. I'm way stoked for this beautiful take on one of my favorite effects!
aLittleMentalist
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, aLittleMentalist wrote:
I just ordered from the 6th batch. I'm way stoked for this beautiful take on one of my favorite effects!

If you just bought it today if I were you Iíd ask Hanson Chien if you could get the next batch that goes on sale tomorrow at 7:00 Pacific Time.
The new version is the exact size of a deck of cards The batch you just bought is slightly smaller than a deck of cards. Not too much of a big deal but since you just bought it you should get the new version.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2021, aLittleMentalist wrote:

If you just bought it today if I were you Iíd ask Hanson Chien if you could get the next batch that goes on sale tomorrow at 7:00 Pacific Time.
The new version is the exact size of a deck of cards The batch you just bought is slightly smaller than a deck of cards. Not too much of a big deal but since you just bought it you should get the new version.

What??? I think you are a bit confused.

The 6th batch which went on sale yesterday (Labor Day) says that it is the new 6th batch and will be the longer one.

This new 6th batch is a pre-order and the latest version. It was posted as such yesterday before the pre-order was up for sale at 7:00 PM Pacific time.

I hope this clears things up for you.
aLittleMentalist
View Profile
New user
Skagway, Alaska
50 Posts

Profile of aLittleMentalist
I ordered the newer, 6th batch, which is the larger size😉
aLittleMentalist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL