We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13~14~15 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I saw on FB that they are going to release an ungimmick version that you can give out to people as a souvenir. Gotta start saving $$ for this trick.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Itís pretty much a block of wood. It does have some other materials in it. But itís a block of wood. I know this because Iíve watched the instructional video. It will require care and just like the metal versions or any version you donít want to drop it. It will require you to treat it like wood.

Keep it away from humidity and water.
Try not to drop it
Store it in a cool dry place
But if it gets a light scratch it comes with some light sand paper that you can gently use.
It will require care

Itís like a puzzle box or work of art.

It can last a lifetime with care. Like anything - basic rules of thumb if you think your audience is a bunch of drunks at a bar or will treat your props rough - Donít do this one.

Even the IR will get scratched up if you drop it. This is wood and needs to be treated like a block of wood because 90% of it is hard wood from Taiwan.

It does solve the problems of the other versions. Itís light in the pockets. Is the weight of a deck of cards and it makes more sense to turn a deck of paper cards into a block of wood. It also uses the PH vanish so is extra magical rather than just a puzzle trick
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, Magic KL wrote:
I saw on FB that they are going to release an ungimmick version that you can give out to people as a souvenir. Gotta start saving $$ for this trick.

That's an interesting idea to hand them out to a very specific audience when desired to leave a lasting impression. Thanks for the information, I don't use Facebook and would have missed that news.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I don't have PH vanish, so I am wondering if this comes with the necessary gimmick?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:

I havenít seen anything about giving a block of wood away. This already is examinable. It just canít be dropped or treated rough. It makes no sense to give this one away. This is not Rubikís cube in jar. This is not meant to be a give away trick. But it is examinable and your audience will not be able to figure it out.

You wouldnít do a card trick with a deck of cards then give your card away to your audience after you do a card trick. Iím pretty sure they will not be selling ungimmicked versions of this trick. There is no need to do so.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
I love that idea of being able to give it away. I was wondering if I could find matching wood locally and make my own blocks, but if they supply them cheaply that would be great.
Why wouldnít you hand it out of itís just a block of wood?

Even more than giving it away I love the idea that you convey that you have a long length at home and just cut it off into pieces. Perfect for me as most who know me know I do woodworking.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
I don't have PH vanish, so I am wondering if this comes with the necessary gimmick?

They teach you how to make it with a bit of arts and crafts. It comes with part of the gimmick. You supply the playing card. It can be made from any playing card.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I also think that giving it away is a good idea. If you can have your contact number there, it's a very unique business card.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2021, funnyclown wrote:
Quote:

They teach you how to make it with a bit of arts and crafts. It comes with part of the gimmick. You supply the playing card. It can be made from any playing card.

Thanks!
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
If they do indeed sell ungimmicked versions and you s****h this for the gimmicked one, it helps to solidify the idea that what they saw really happened and the block of wood they keep at home will remind them of this.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
I also think that giving it away is a good idea. If you can have your contact number there, it's a very unique business card.

Where exactly did you see this on FB? itís not on their page or anywhere of their website. I donít see that being offered anywhere on Facebook. It would be a very expensive business card for sure.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Paid advertising, when done correctly, can go a long way. I have no idea if these handouts will be available for purchase, but they could be worth it, if so.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Sorry, I can't find it now. They showed a performance done by Lu Chen, and he gave away the block of wood with his autograph. The caption was something like "We wouldn't want you to give away expensive souvenirs, so we are going to release ungimmick version in the future."

It could be great business cards for those big bosses. If Hanson sells them like what Henry Harrius charges for his examinable cube in bottle, it's not that bad.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
439 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Iím sure if you really wanted to give this away you could go to a lumber yard and have wood cut to the same dimensions and then stain it the same color. To make a give away block. I donít think Iíll be doing that. I have cube in bottle as my give away trick.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
310 Posts

Profile of geggy
Just literally opened mine.
Beautiful box it comes in and I gotta say it looks superb quality.
Totally seemless.
Very impressed.
Not going to tug or pull until I have absorbed the instructions.
For those interested,
I am in the UK and paid $36 for the SF express delivery and its taken 5 days!!!
Recently ordered from the UK and waited 9 days!!
geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
310 Posts

Profile of geggy
Also, first impression is how innocent this looks.
It's just a block of wood.
Amazing.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2096 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Thanks! That is good to know. Please let us know if it is easy to do the move with this. My matchbox version is not easy.
geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
310 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
Thanks! That is good to know. Please let us know if it is easy to do the move with this. My matchbox version is not easy.

That's the next bit to discover..."the move "
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
When I ordered I believe they offered 3 shipping options...standard, express delivery, and SF express. The price was higher as you went up the ladder but it gave no approximate shipping times so I have no idea the difference between the 2 express deliveries. I decided to choose the middle one.

Anyone know anything about the different options when shipping to US?

I did receive a shipping notice this morning.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I ordered mine First Class for $11 or so shipping on Wednesday or Thursday last week. I have not received shipping information yet, probably because of me choosing the lowest tier for shipping.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricks & Effects Ľ Ľ HOLY WOOD by Hanson Chien (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL