The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review: Visions by Marc Salem - Penguin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
What the advert says:

"Visions by Marc Salem (Instant Download) One of the most successful mentalists in the world teaches TWO of his most powerful effects."

My thoughts:

I really enjoyed this video download from Penguin. Marc performs two different routines, then provides a detailed explanation of each. He also shows how the two effects may be combined.

The first effect involves the spectator writing down a thought on a piece of paper on a clipboard, then crumpling up that paper into a ball and putting it in their pocket. The mind reader is then able to reveal their thought.

Experienced mind readers will know many different methods for how a mind reading clipboard may work, but Marc shows you how to make your own very inexpensively. He teaches three different ways to make your own very innocent looking clipboard. The first is decidedly old school, yet still very effective. The second uses a different method. And the third, also different, method uses a piece of technology that he has re-purposed for mentalism. I wouldn't call it "high tech". Perhaps a "low, high tech", or maybe just "simple, inexpensive technology".

I've owned quite a few clipboards and other IDs, and learned a few things in this download. I can't imagine buying an expensive clipboard after watching this video.

If I have one criticism of this section of the video, it is that I think some time could have been spent explaining how to secretly get the information in a more deceptive way. In my opinion, the manner in which getting the read was shown during performance was not really super-deceptive.

The second part of the video focuses on using a pendulum in different ways. Marc's instruction here is excellent, very clearly and concisely explaining how a pendulum works, what it is and is not. I learned several things about pendulums and their use that I had not known before.

Visions is probably geared more towards those new to mentalism. Experienced mentalists may find they already know much of what is taught here. That said, I learned a number of new things that definitely made this purchase worthwhile for me.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review: Visions by Marc Salem - Penguin Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL