The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Special Treats For Doves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmike001
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmike001
What Are some Special food treats for doves? Can they climb ladders?
thanks,
Michael
xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
Boiled egg
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5112 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
There's a large list of treats. I posted them once before in this forum but here they are again.

Hard boiled eggs
Frozen peas
peanut butter
Leaf lettuce
meal worms
apples
bananas

Egg shells are good for calcium and digestion.

There are others but this is a good variety for them. Just don't give them too much.
Where the magic begins
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
You may want to try each in small quanities for your birds. My birds don't care for lettuce, apples or bananas. They enjoy peanut butter, eggs, and bread for a special snack.

To each their own I suppose.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5112 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Good point MM. Treats should always be in small quantities anyway. That's why they're called treats. Too much of them can cause digestion problems. In regards to lettuce, it has to be leaf lettuce. Standard iceburg or head lettuce is not good.
Where the magic begins
magicmike001
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of magicmike001
My doves won't eat apples or bananas peanut butter. Can they climb latters though?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Can they climb latters? is a trick question. The answer is yes and/or no. In terms of a small parakeet latter set staight up the answer is no. Set at an angle so they can hop from rung to rung (like steps on stairs) the answer is yes.

The real trick question is can they go DOWN a latter. The answer is no. They can fly or jump to the ground. But under normal circumstances a dove will not step down. Although he will readily step up. Parrots and parakeets will climb up or down and even with their heads down.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Special Treats For Doves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL